Hiatal Hernia with pouch reduction

Mary Sellers
on 7/29/16 9:42 pm - Pace, FL

Hello,

It's been a really long time since I have been on OH.

And I am curious if anyone has had this procedure?

I had surgery July 14th in Pensacola Fl with Dr. Jeffery Lord.

He performed a hiatal hernia repair with wrap plus he reduced the size of my pouch.

I am curious if anyone has had this done and if so what your results were after and if you lost weight?

sweettooth58
on 7/30/16 3:44 am - IL

I had the hiatal hernia repaired when I had my surgery and with that I dont get any heartburn any more and its been 3+ years.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 7/30/16 5:57 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Ditto - no more heartburn is almost as good as not being overweight anymore!

Sharon

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/16 6:03 am
ReShape on 10/30/16

never heard of it but how great to have the pouch reduced while he was in there. I'd love to hear if this leads to weight loss. I have to believe it will. Good luck   Rich   

Laura in Texas
on 7/30/16 7:16 am

I hope you feel better now that your hiatal hernia has been fixed. As far as the pouch reduction goes, it still comes down to how much you are eating. Measure your portions and track your food. Protein first, limit your carbs, etc. You know the drill. Follow good habits and you will lose weight. No surgery is "magic". Good luck.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Tdheason
on 7/30/16 9:18 am
RNY on 06/27/16

I had gastric bypass on June 27th with a hiatal hernia repair. The only thing is when I eat, sometimes it feels like the food is sitting in my esophagus. They said it is like a sock that has lost its elasticity and then all of a sudden you have a new sock that feels tight and you aren't use to it. They said it will get better in time. As is today I have lost 33 pounds. I think that is good. Don't worry, you will one weight.

Tdheason
on 7/30/16 9:20 am
RNY on 06/27/16

Lose weight is what I meant

Mary Sellers
on 7/30/16 9:28 am - Pace, FL

Tdheason, 

I know this is a gross subject but did you have bathroom problems. I go every single time I put anything on my stomach.. It's almost like it goes in one end and out the other. 

I had gastric bypass Sept 1 2006. The doctor said my pouch hadn't stretched too far out. He told me my pouch was about 2.5 eggs and he reduced to the size of an 1 egg if that makes any since. 

Tdheason
on 7/30/16 10:18 am
RNY on 06/27/16

No, just the opposite, having issues going to bathroom, although had diarrhea yesterday and not feeling good today, but not sure if this is surgery related or caught a bug. I have been at the hospital a lot this week while m dad was in there