This afternoon, I battled the BEAST BURGER and lost :(

Ladytazz
on 7/29/16 1:21 pm

I heard some advertisement on the radio for a new healthy...something.  Not sure if it was an energy drink or bar but it is called Soylent.  Not the best choice of names.  I wonder if the advertising department has a clue.

What is funny about this is I am the type to try something new, take a bite and realize how awful it is and then proceed to eat it all.  It's like I'll be damned if I'm going to let a little thing like tasting bad keep me from eating my allotted meal.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/30/16 7:37 am

I am in food funck.  Things I can eat now - I really don't want to. They are not bad - just bland... But I keep saying to myself... "It is just a meal, one of thousands meals I had and will have... So I can do it" and I hope the next day the next meal appeals to me.  Even PB taste funny to me. Or chocolate.  Ugh..  

I can eat and would like to a box of rice crackers...I already ate 2 of them...all what was in the house. And I am not buying more... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 7/30/16 11:30 am - Belleville, IL

And Hannibal Lecter agrees wholeheartedly...My god have you seen that man COOK MEAT?!?!?!?! I would eat at his house!

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhfosDczTx4

You may all salivate now....  ;)

Warmly,

Jackie

Neesie57
on 7/31/16 4:13 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

Even Soylent Green is meat!

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 7/28/16 11:23 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

What a disappointment - well, we know that with your hunter mentality you would do well in the cave-man era.

Sharon

Kathy S.
on 7/28/16 11:57 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I can't tell but does it say 100% plant protein on the side of the beast and burger logo?  Are you saying veggies can't roar?  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/16 12:45 pm

I'm glad I haven't tried it . I like to buy extremely lean "filet mignon" cuts of beef have them ground and then mix with food processed eggplant,onions,garlic, breadcrumbs and eggs and spices. The veggies ( you can put in broccoli or even spinach and cheese... ) fill out the meat to more than double. So I guess it a semi-veggie burger. The eggplant makes it super moist . You can also use mushrooms ... ( I usually sauté the veggies a bit first before food processing so the meat can stay mostly rare... ) and even fat free cheese. 

I cook in a very high temperature spammed pre heated cast Iron pan and sear the outsides: then let them rest . Usually I actually enjoy them most plain and bun less - they're that tasty ! 

SkinnyScientist
on 7/28/16 1:52 pm

I want to cook with you!

Seriously, you sound awesome at hiding veggies. And I need better ways to hide more veggies at breakfast and dinner.

I bring the bottle of wine, we drink it while we chop and blend, and you teach me EVERYTHING!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/16 9:37 pm

Sounds good! 

Willie H.
on 7/29/16 7:42 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Sounds good between two BIG Portabello Mushrooms-yummm!!!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"