A new kind of tracker- Bio Ring

crystal M.
on 7/27/16 8:19 am - Joliet, IL

I just saw this and I can't wait till it is available.  It's a fitness tracker and food tracker in one.  If it works as well as it says it does then no more cheating or forgetting to log your food.  This thing will do it for you...

http://www.thebioring.com/?ref=betapage

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/27/16 9:16 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Color me skeptical. There aren't ANY devices that can automatically measure calorie/protein/fat intake, much less ones that are this tiny. I seriously doubt it could pick up a heartbeat, my watch has a difficult enough time doing it from the big artery on my wrist.

A similar product called Gobe promised to do the same thing in a bigger package. It completely failed to deliver.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/27/16 9:16 am

I wi**** was as good as it say..  but I call that BS: 

"When you eat, your food consists of primarily carbohydrates, fats and proteins. Carbs are broken down into glucose, which is transported into your cells with the help of insulin.

When glucose enters your cells, your cells' glucose levels will elevate meanwhile your cells' water levels will reduce. The bio-impedance sensor measures these changes of fluid levels in your cells by sending electric signals with high and low frequencies, and reading the resistance from the tissues.

The sensor also measures how long your glucose level stays inflated and how long it takes to drop back to normal - also known as your glucose curve. Fats and proteins affect your glucose curve by flattening it. All readings obtained from the bio - impedance sensor are sent to the app where our proprietary algorithm will calculate your calorie intake, glucose curve and give you a macro-nutrient breakdown of your food." 

My BS will raise when I drink black coffee or take my steroids for my condition. also - my body will break proteins into sugars.. as it needs it.  My hydration depends not only on glucose - but also on minerals.... our body is much more complex than the site made you believe it is... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Steph Meat Hag
on 7/28/16 1:38 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

I'm calling shenanigans.  I really wi**** was this easy, I'd order one for each finger LOL but I just don't think it could be this easy.

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com