Hate it

Neesie57
on 7/23/16 8:37 am
VSG on 08/04/15

My surgery was on August 4, 2015.  I made my goal on June 12, 2016, with an average weight loss of 7 pounds a month.  It was slow and steady and I'm thrilled to death that I made my goal!  

Don't sweat the slow loss, you will get there before you know it.  Just because it's slow doesn't mean you're not doing it right. Normal BP and not pre-diabetes is such a great accomplishment: revel in it.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Boxerlover3452
on 7/23/16 9:00 am
RNY on 06/06/16

Well you're not alone.  I'm right there with you.  I don't necessarily compare the weight loss to others, but ever since Jr. High I compared myself to others as far as "oh I wish I were as small as she is" or" I wish I could wear a dress like that" or "I wish my stomach was as flat as hers"  I wish, I wish I wish.

I  too hate it.  I am me, she is who she is and I should accept the body God gave me.  There's a saying "stop trying to be like everyone else, she's already taken" or something like that.  But sometimes I can't help it.  I eat food, I get fat.  Women have 3-4 kids and they're skinny.  I don't get it.  Maybe it's because they're busy running after those kids.  LOL   And yes, the numbers on the scale also dictates my mood.

Thanks for your post.

catwoman7
on 7/23/16 10:50 am
RNY on 06/03/15

my rate of weight loss was "below average" the first few months (according to my surgeon's assistant), but by a year out (if not before) I was "average".  People lose weight at different rates and in different patterns.  Just stick to your plan and keep plugging away.  I've lost 195 lbs altogether, btw.  So it can be done if you stick to the plan.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

CMR1075
on 7/23/16 1:40 pm
VSG on 01/15/16

Congratulations on your wonderful accomplishment!!

dog_hair_dinner
on 7/25/16 5:55 am
RNY on 03/01/16

I just wanted to say thank you for posting this and a thank you to everyone *****plied.  I really need this reminder right now.  I read that one post from someone on here last week who lost 170 or some pounds in one year and they started at the same weight I did.  I'm nowhere near losing that fast and have been feeling down in the dumps since I read that.  I really shouldn't though.  I've lost 67lbs in a little under 5 months.  I'm thinking that's pretty good and "normal".

CMR1075
on 7/25/16 6:10 am
VSG on 01/15/16

It's fantastic! As I should be thinking the same of my 59 lbs but I get frustrated when the scale doesn't move. I still was having a hard time with it and then I went shopping this weekend for my cruise I am going on Aug 6th. I went to Torrid (love that store) and before surgery I was buying a 22/24 or 3x from there. Saturday I was trying on 14's and 0 and 00 in there and they fit. I think 0 and 00 are considered XL?? I even tried on a dress that was a 12 that fit but I kept swearing up and down to my friend that was shopping with me that they must be making their clothes bigger now and that's why I could fit in a smaller size. She just laughed at me and said "no cause I'm still the same size in here". I guess it just takes a lot for the brain to catch up with what we see in the mirror and I need to focus on that instead of the numbers that are looking back at me. You and I are doing fantastic and we will reach our goals in due time!

Heather P.
on 7/25/16 10:25 am

I am losing very slow too.  I have lost 58lbs and I am 4 months out this week.  Being that I started at 362 the day of surgery it is not looking good now.  I am so frustrated.

Ht 5'7" HW 406, SW 361

RNY 3/28/16

CMR1075
on 7/27/16 5:26 pm
VSG on 01/15/16

58 lbs is fantastic! I guess like everyone says, we all lose at different speeds. I guess I just wanted instant gratification. I kind of enjoyed the comments of people telling me I was melting away. It's slowed down now so I know a whole lot isn't happening, of course the numbers on the scale show that too. It seems I lose for 2 weeks and then don't for 2 -3 weeks. It sucks but I guess we need to keep positive that we are losing. Keep up the great work!

Kbrown721
on 7/26/16 2:06 pm

I also feel like I'm  losing  Super slow.... I am a month out and am only down like 25 down. I feel like I should be losing at Mach speed but I'm not..... However w/o wls I wouldn't be able to lose at all..... Take ur measurements love??

gram247
on 7/27/16 5:20 pm

Don't get discouraged. Everyone loses at different rates. Some - like men- lose much faster than others. 

The trick is to focus on your own goal. I didn't think I was losing fast enough but when I mentioned it to my surgeon, he set me straight! 

The journey is different for all of us. 

Good luck.