"Daddy, why do people cry?"

LeapSecond
on 7/22/16 7:20 am - AR

You are not hated by me.  Don't drink today.  Find a meeting.  Seek therapy.  It can help too. Lock the guns up and give the key to someone safe.   This low spot is temporary.  Depression is treatable but you do have to ask your medical team for help.  Tell them your thought feelings and actions.  I fight treatment resistant depression. It took years to find meds to help but they help.  Fight this feeling to give up.  You are worth it. Your kids are worth you fighting for.  It will have a lasting effect on you if you fight this.  If you drink it will have a lasting effect on you and your family.  Don't drink today.  Fight it today. 

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/16 11:58 am

Thank you Leapsecond. I value your input on this site a tremendous amount. Both. for your training in the medical field, and in life advice too. Thank you, I'm glad you're a friend.

I'm learning it's okay to lean on others sometimes for support.

Theduffman27
on 7/22/16 7:29 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Gary - I have not been on OH for long and thus do not have much input for you, as a father I can tell you that you need to be strong for your children. Get the help that you are asking for. Please go to a Meeting, counselor, meet with an old sponsor, please get the help you want. You asked for it in your post, I believe you want it, Please get it. For your children!

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/16 12:00 pm

Thank you. It's amazing the places we end up finding where we draw strength from.

supershopper
on 7/22/16 9:08 am

Please please seek out help.

We don't think you are an ahole here and I've been missing your posts.

Everyone has provided great advise and I can honestly say I have no words of wisdom to add. But you are worth it to not go down this path of drinking again. Your kids and family need you to be the strong person you are.

You have accomplished so much mentally and physically to start tearing yourself down from where you are in your WL.

We care about you/please stay the strong person you are.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/16 12:01 pm

Thank you very much. I feel much better now.

Member Services
on 7/22/16 9:38 am - Irvine, CA

We were notified about your post by very concerned members of our community.  We'd like to encourage you to seek out help as soon as possible.  Often times feelings like this are temporary, but sometimes someone needs a professional to help them deal with their emotions.  We urge you to go to an AA meeting, do you have a sponsor?  Please take the advice of our members.  You can call the National Suicide & Crisis website for numbers in your local area of professionals who are trained to help people in crisis.Their website is located here:

http://suicidehotlines.com/national.html

Or call the USA National Suicide Hotlines toll-free 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
 1-800-SUICIDE   (1-800-784-2433)  - or - 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)

We hope you seek out any help you may need at this pivotal time in your life and let us know you're doing ok.  Your fellow ObesityHelp members are worried about you.

Please keep in touch.

Sincerely,

ObesityHelp

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/16 12:14 pm

Thank you. I have always known of the intrinsic value of this place. I'm glad you're here to help all that ask. The advice I get here is very helpful in dealing with all things WLS, and in a lot of things just life.

Thank you good people here.

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/16 9:34 am, edited 7/22/16 2:37 am

Hi my name is Susan and I am an alcoholic.

I don't hate you. Do I think you are an ass? Not really. A little full of yourself. But that is the disease of alcoholism.

I have been thinking about you the past few weeks. When there has been posts about alcohol and you have no chimed in. 

We would love to protect our children and we only can so much. If you start drinking again. Who is going to be there to support your kids? Not money wise but to wonder why their father is no longer in the picture. 

I just read your post. You need to call your sponsor. Or someone in the program. You need to help yourself also. You know how we can change our thoughts to making it okay to drink again. You know we can't. I am only sober four months. It was four months yesterday. It was my birthday also. It was the first time in about 30 years I was sober on that day. I am 143 pounds lighter than I was three years ago. I gained when I started drinking. The blackouts were horrible. The feeling of waking up in the morning knowing what I did the night before is priceless. Don't me wrong I do want to unscrew someones head sometimes. But it is usually mine. 

It is sad how your daughter is feeling. And your son. You are going to drink to make yourself numb not to feel. You know it is bad place to go. You deserve to feel good. We lose the weight then we feel we are fixed. We are addicts. We used food to make us feel better. Then we use alcohol.

Look back at the first step and you know your life is unmanageable when you are not sober. I am just starting to work on the steps. I know the first one I have done. It is not easy. But the way life is when we drink it is not worth it. 

You and your family need you to be whole. Get to a doctor. If you feel you are going to hurt yourself get to the ER. 

You owe this to yourself. 

ONE DAY AT A TIME

Please get some help. We can only help you so much here. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/16 12:08 pm

Hello Susan, I'm Gary, and I am still an alcoholic. Thank you for your post. t is hard for me to get to a place to figure stuff like this out. So, it gets put into another "file" until later. I feel much better today after a night spent hearing huge thunderboomers outside. It was oddly calming for me. The huge storm came and went, and I was okay. Me and all of my family in bed together all night.