Thursday *****fest - 7/21/16

Daisydoo02
on 7/21/16 8:47 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Julie I just wanted to say I have a friend on FB who does "Profanity Friday" she started this years ago and I lose my mind laughing at her posts, you remind me a lot of her! Keep it up girl! This so fun!

Ok my rant:

I am not close to my sister.  We have had a life long strained relationship. I love her, she is my sister but if I had to choose her as a friend that would never happen.  My mother is a control freak.  I am very close to my Mom.  No matter how many times I say to my Mom "please keep this between us", meaning don't tell my sister I will invariably get an FB message from my sister within a few hours of talking to my Mom and my sister acts all fake and "are you okay, do you want to talk?" No sis I don't want to talk, you have ignored me for months and now cuz Mom and her big mouth blabbed something to you about me does not mean we are friends.  Capiche!!!!  My Mom just has to control our family and by telling my stuff to my sis (and visa versa) and she feels this sense of control over her daughters. Well this week I finally got smart and have really had it up to here (put hand over head), Mom is getting the bare minimum of info from me.  I hate to do that to her but enough is enough, tough love Mom, tough love.

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/21/16 8:56 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I absolutely understand the "I love you, but I don't have to like you" bit with my own sister, and it SUCKS. It's hard to remember that we have to look out for ourselves first and foremost, isn't it?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Daisydoo02
on 7/21/16 9:04 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

totes!  That expression "can pick your friends but can't pick your family" totally applies to me 24/7!

And yes especially as women we put ourselves last, family, kids, friends, work all seem to come first and we put ourselves last. Well its time changed that right!!! 

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

hollykim
on 7/21/16 9:18 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I don't even love, much less like one of my sisters. She killed all the love I might have had years ago.

Daisydoo02
on 7/21/16 11:06 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I am getting pretty damn close to that feeling too!!! Why are families such a-holes!!!!

cmarylose
on 7/21/16 1:21 pm

Hmmmm  I have to ask.  If you KNOW Mom blabs, why are you telling her stuff you don't want blabbed????? She may be controlling but you can be too by controlling what you tell Mom.....   just saying... ;-)

"Well behaved women rarely make history!"  Laurel Thatcher Ulrich.

AngryViking
on 7/21/16 8:49 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I'm *****ing about it already in my menu post, so I might as well share it here too.  I am so effing sick and tired of not sleeping.  It's starting to affect my mental health at this point.  Not that you can tell the difference from my normal sparkling personality, but still.  LOL

I'm also going to ***** about the goons that pass for baseball coaches on my son's All Star team.  These guys are trying to relive some lost glory of youth and it is pitiful to watch.  They also clearly have their favorites and my son is not one of them, despite him having the most hits and RBIs during the regular season in the entire AAA division.  And my kid's not stupid.  He knows he's being iced out.  ******g ********

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/21/16 8:58 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Here is a teeny, sleepy, smooshy-face kitty. May you finally find such snoozing!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Theduffman27
on 7/21/16 9:43 am
VSG on 11/19/14

ahhhh, youth sports! I coached hockey for years. You know how small an area I am from. I took a Team of 11 players to the NYS Finals two years ago in Hockey, we beat Teams from Buffalo, Syracuse, Long island and NYC, we lost in the State Final. I coach by inclusion, all players are treated equal , and it is always team first on my teams. I can understand what you are going through as I have seen it and lived it. Take the chance to teach your son life lessons and his day will come, I always told my sons that it is no different in the workplace, you may get overlooked even though you are deserving, you may have to work for a royal @##hole for 20 years, but in the end, be a better person and good things will come ( never told them they had to like it though). It always worked out for my boys and they had the last laugh. It is hard to watch your kids get mistreated, I do feel that life has a way of evening itself out. I am rooting for him!

AngryViking
on 7/21/16 9:49 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Aww, this made my Grinchy heart grow three sizes.  It's so hard to watch, you know?  My kid is the best.  THE BEST.  He's got a heart of gold and he works so hard and never gives up, even though these jerks don't recognize. 

And Duff, that's super impressive about your hockey team!  WTG!