Vitamins

Tdheason
on 7/21/16 3:41 pm
RNY on 06/27/16

I don't understand.  So you put on 5 different patches a day? 

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/16 4:02 pm - CA

Yes.  I wear them on my shoulders and rotate (the next days application) to my hips.   I don't think I could go back to oral vitamins now.

Tdheason
on 7/21/16 5:20 pm
RNY on 06/27/16

What does your doctor that did your surgery say about it and have you talked to your primary physician about patch vitamins.  I just want to make sure they really work before I spend the money.  Plus, OMG what a wonderful thing if I can do this.

Also, I need Calcium citrate, but I can't find the patch that has the word "citrate".  If there is no patch for that can you recommend a pill that is not a horse pill, something small or something chewable that taste good.  Thanks so much!

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/16 5:42 pm, edited 7/21/16 10:42 am - CA

I am 15'years out so my surgeon doesn't follow me, but a pcp.  I had a vitamin def before I got on the patches and labs are fine.    

Go to vendor product review and read what people have to say. Or use the magnifying glass at the top of the forum and search for PatchMD. You will find threads where people said theynuse PatchMD and labs are fine.  As for Citrate, I take an extra Calcet Ceamy Bite (chocolate or lemon flavored) #500 mg for extra calcium due to my previous def.   However, I still wear the Vitamin D3 with Calcium. 

Boxerlover3452
on 7/21/16 4:28 am
RNY on 06/06/16

My surgeon has me on Prenatal vitamins (I'm not pregnant).  With a script, I get them for free at Meijer.  I may consider going on a patch because with all the heart meds I have to take (weight loss will not stop that), it takes me about 1/2 hour to get all my pills down. 

LeapSecond
on 7/21/16 4:59 am - AR

When you are able to take pills there is no reason to buy bariatric specific vitamins.  I have used Vitacost for years and they frequently have BOGO or BOGO 50% off.  You might want to check the bottle label with what is recommended Here  Most of the bariatric chewables were awful (even the ones with improved flavor) and awfully expensive.  Some of them didn't even have needed recommended content.  

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/21/16 4:59 am

For years I used CVS brand Chewable vitamins - Centrum equivalent. Spectravite adult. I used to buy them on BOGO and 2 months supply cost me app $5-$9. Calcium citrate petite..- most people tolerate that nicely. You can buy that or regular calcium citrate - again on BOGO days and break the pill in half. 

Vit D- IMO - best option is dry D3 biotech, 50,000 iU. I buy those on Amazon, and I can get the bottle, 100 capsules for close to $20.00 that last me close to a year. I take 1 capsule 2x a week. Enough to keep my D3 in a very good range. 

Don't forget magnesium... Your BM will be much better...trust me. 

Iron - we need that also. With vitC - regular iron carbonate works best for people. Take it with C, and 2 hours away from calcium. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

JaxLiving
on 7/21/16 5:04 am - Spanish Fort, AL
RNY on 05/27/16

I order all of my vitamins from HST Pharmacy - 844-375-3003. Your doc has to write a prescription, and you will get a B-12 Nascobal weekly nasal spray, multi-vitamins, iron and calcium for the entire month for a $25 copay if your insurance covers it. It automatically ships to me monthly. This program was recommended by my bariatric doc.

SW:223, CW: 134.2; GW: 125, RNY: 5/27/16

Valerie G.
on 7/21/16 6:07 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I, too, am a fan of patchmd.com

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes