Nightmares

seattledeb
on 7/20/16 5:33 pm

You just had major abdominal surgery. You are on pain meds and from your other posts you are really doing a lot physically 

We all have bad dreams but we usually have them in a period of deep sleep and don't remember. Your body is not going to go down into that deep sleep right now. It's just been through a trauma. 

The dreams will go away with healing and when you don't need the pain meds anymore If you need them for pain though please take them.

Your body is in a big flux. And it's just the beginning!

Keep posting

Deb

Danna78
on 7/20/16 6:01 pm

Thanks Deb   you made some really great points!   I took some more meds today... The pain was becoming too much.. And all I have been doing is staying in or near my bed today.   I also put on some support wear to hold my belly tighter and it seems to be helping. 

I have always had very vivid dreams both good and bad.   These ones seem to be centred around my dad who doesn't speak to me because he hates fat people... And he always has to be right.   I think my dreams are subconsciously telling me how even though I have made this huge change I know deep down he still won't accept me.   

One of my friends today reminded me that this is my journey and to not let the negativity get me down.   It reinforced in my head that this is the time for ME... I have finally chosen to love myself enough to be the person I want to be not the person my dad could control or who other people think I should be.   I'm very proud of myself for finally going through with this decision and the people that really love me or me will be with me now and at the end 

I'm not so afraid of sleep tonight.... I know I need it to heal... And I've been thinking King positive thoughts all day.... Of course a nice vivid dream with Joe magniello or Johnny depp wouldn't hurt either heheheheh