Help

jenko1973
on 7/19/16 4:29 am

I am a 43 year old male who weights 220 pounds and 5ft 8.

I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.

My doctor cant find anything wrong with me I have had blood tests heart scans the work.

But i just never feel well I am starting my own business and finances are low and stress is high.

I am looking for some support and help to lose weight and get my life right on track.

Thanks

(deactivated member)
on 7/19/16 6:42 am

You have an affliction known widely as "life". You will most likely never need or qualify for WLS. I know the stress of self employment, it can make you think weird stuff at times.

If you have a doctor and have had labs, you would know of any problems needing specific relief. If you drink booze, cut back a lot. If you never exercise, start walking 15 minutes a day, everyday increase it by 1 or 2 minutes. Try taking white foods from your diet. Bread, flour, potatoes, rice, etc... Don't drink calories, that is the killer for me. So, I drink only water.

See a therapist if you get too frantic, spendy but helpful.

Good luck, we're all on a journey.

pammieanne
on 7/19/16 7:18 am, edited 7/19/16 12:18 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Have you had your testosterone levels checked? So many men, in their 40's have low testosterone and it contributes to fatigue.

There are specialty doctors out there that deal specifically with this.

FYI, women can also have low testosterone, which also leads to fatigue, but men are the biggest culprits in this area.

Just a thought.

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

White Dove
on 7/19/16 7:35 am - Warren, OH

Your insurance won't pay for it, but you can go to Mexico and self pay for a gastric sleeve surgery.  Spending four or five thousand dollars is far less than buying a used car.  It can turn your life around not having to carry around the extra weight.

It should be pretty easy after surgery to get down to about 150 pounds and not that hard to maintain at about 160.  The sixty or so extra pounds you are carrying can make life pretty unbearable for you.

There are many people in our society that need weight loss surgery and only a small fraction of them actually get it.

Diets only work for about 3% of people.  Almost everyone who loses 50 pounds by dieting has gained it all back a year or so later, usually with extra pounds.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Kathy S.
on 7/19/16 8:17 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Here is a link of some articles OH has written for non surgical options for weight loss.  Check it out, it may help you get the extra weight off but as we say here, you need to get it right between your ears before you re-arrange your plumbing.  Nothing works forever if you don't deal with your eating issues.  

Good Luck

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/?s=balloon

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/19/16 8:57 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Are there any local support groups you could visit? I know of several people here who have luck with Overeaters Anonymous.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

LeapSecond
on 7/19/16 11:49 am - AR

I would start with an app like MyFitnessPal or Loseit.  Log every bite you eat.  You will then be able to see your protein, carbs, fats.  When I started logging I found an easy 1000 cal of extra food and alcohol to eliminate. Have you dieted before?  Have you regained?  Did they do a testosterone level? Did they do a TSH, T4 level for thyroid function? Did they do Vitamin levels like B12 and D?  Do you know why you over eat? Do you binge or graze?   Have you always been overweight?  I think I need to know what kind of help do you need?   

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

(deactivated member)
on 7/19/16 12:35 pm

Do you suffer from depression? I know it can make us feel horrible. Stress and life are always going to be hard. Not always unbearable. But it is never almost easy. 

I would start maybe seeing someone about nutrition and working from there. 

Know you deserve to be happy and healthy. I am not sure if this does help. It's all I got today. 

Best wishes to you. 

jenko1973
on 7/19/16 12:39 pm

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took the time today to give me some ideas.

I am based in the UK so gastric bands etc are expensive, but I feel I really am at the point where I need to do something.

Thanks again 

Appreciate it

Julian