Aug. 2nd date for VSG.....

Dcadaval
on 7/19/16 11:01 am
VSG on 06/20/16

I'm so excited for you, Dean.  You have practically ensured that your success will continue by going forward with your surgery.  You're about to enter the second stage of your voyage through continued low calorie meals and the best thing is that physically it will be much easier to eat less given your new sleeve.  In time you'll look back and wish you had done this years ago, but the time is right when it's right and this is your time.  Looking forward to seeing your progress, all the best!  

Age: 43. 6' 1" HW 413 lbs. VSG on 06/20/16 at Jackson South w/ Dr. Jacobsd

wejhead
on 7/19/16 6:15 pm - WA

Thank you very much Dcadaval, I do wish I hadn't wasted so many years, 10 years ago my PCP talked me out of doing this saying he had experienced about 50% of patients had a "bad trip". Old school surgery I 'spose.Sliced you wide open then. So he had me doing Daoism and telling me to eat all the veggies I could. Great advice huh? So I continued to get bigger and bigger. My first heart attack came at the 240 mark. I hit 438 after that and Daoism was his answer!!! Crazy huh? Recently it was my daughter who finally gave me the idea to push hard with my Doc and just Do It!  Out of the mouths of babes huh? I didn't ask my Doc, I TOLD him I was going to do this.

Tomorrow is 1 month for you I see. I hope to read your reflection about the last month.

Thanks again.

LeapSecond
on 7/19/16 11:32 am - AR

Congratulations on your date!  I identify with your exercise routine.  It was all I could do to check the mail when I was at my highest weight.  I have biked 4.5 miles since weight loss but can't do it regularly.  You will be surprised by your ability as you retake your life.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

wejhead
on 7/19/16 6:25 pm - WA

Thank you LeapSecond, I was always involved in organized sports until I got too big to do it anymore. In my mind I'm picturing playing like I am 25 years old again! I know I'll never be able to do that again, but I'm sure going to try... My #1 thing to do again is play golf and walk the course! I don't care what I shoot, I just wanna play again.  I'm getting goose bumps just thinking about playing w/the "boys" again!

Happy trails, and keep the faith!