Aug. 2nd date for VSG.....

wejhead
on 7/19/16 9:34 am - WA

thank you for the words of encouragement  Kathy. I love the "old Broom" reference! I will check out the links you posted. You can never get too much info!

Kudzu
on 7/19/16 8:50 am
VSG on 07/28/16

Very inspiring. I, too, have been practicing for the past several months as I prepare for each step along the way. I hope to read more of you as we journey through. Kudos to you!

wejhead
on 7/19/16 9:39 am - WA

Thank you very much Kudzu. i hope the early part of your journey is going well. some of the work-up is kinda sucky, Blood draws, colonoscopy, etc...but they're just trying to keep us safe. And avoid any law suits!  haha.  Keep us posted on your adventure too. Everybody's trip is different in some way. I look forward to reading yours.

Deanna798
on 7/19/16 9:35 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Congrats on the surgery date, it's just right around the corner!  

I'm glad that you are deciding to still have the surgery.  You know your own mind and what you need to do to stick with it.  My boss was trying to encourage me to just stick to my low carb diet because I lost some weight before surgery, and you can never really explain it, but I just knew that there was no way I'd be able to stick to it without some sort of physical restriction to encourage me.

I hope you plan to stick around and use this forum for the support that it truly is.  There may be personality clashes here and there, but it really comes down to the fact that this is the internet and there will always be disagreements and sometimes people misconstrue the intentions and meanings of posts, and sometimes people like to stir the pot and rehash old things over and again.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

wejhead
on 7/19/16 9:48 am - WA

if only my middle name was Na   and my last name was 798, we'd have the same name!  lol  Thanks for the great words of encouragement. We are practically surgery twins. Are you nervous much?  I used to be nervous about this alot, but now I'm really just looking forward to getting it over. Two more weeks for us. Great advice Deanna. Here's to a healthier us!

Deanna798
on 7/19/16 9:51 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Oh, I had surgery last year on August 4th!  I've lost about 80% of my excess weight!  I was really nervous, but looking back I remember how easy it all seems now.

I look forward to watching your journey!  We can be yearly surgery twins and I will check in with you at your one year and celebrate your victories!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

wejhead
on 7/19/16 5:15 pm - WA

Shoot! I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention very well was I? 2013, 14, 15, 16....They're all starting to look the same,...Old!

So, nearly one year out. Has it been all 'that' for you,.... and a bag of chips?

Secrets224
on 7/19/16 10:55 am
VSG on 09/27/16

Hey!!! Congratulations on your surgery date! Mine is on the 2nd also! Good Luck!!! 

wejhead
on 7/19/16 5:21 pm - WA

Hi Secrets224, Surgery twins!  Far out. It kinda messed up THIS summer, but just think of the beach wear for next year. I'm really looking forward to buying clothes that aren't sweatpants and a T-shirt! Anything special you can't wait to happen? 

Thank you for the "congrats' and right back at'cha twin Sis. Let's knock 'em dead!

Secrets224
on 7/19/16 7:30 pm
VSG on 09/27/16

Hiii! Yea it kinda messed everything up but it's all worth it in the grand scheme of things. I can't wait to just drop the weight,  go back to the gym and be able to do normal things like not have to worry about sitting in a folding chair or a chair at a doctor's office worrying whether I'll fit or not. Going to the theme park with my kids or rides at the boardwalk. And being able to go on with my kids. Those will be my victories! I wish you good luck and see you on the losers bench!!