Cake in our office contributes obesity

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/19/16 5:54 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Well, I don't work in an office, but we do work out of a control room that has an office like atmosphere & we buy food for each other. 

Me, I got a coffee habit going on, so I bought a Keurig machine & the coffee pods. We rotate on who buys creamer, some buy the higher calorie creamer, but they also buy the lower calorie one because I drink it. I do the same for them.

They know I had wls, but I know they don't have to buy special food for me just cuz I eat different now. So things I buy I keep myself & them in mind. Like just recently I bought a bunch of ice popsicles, I didn't buy sugar free cuz for 1, I don't eat them & neither will anyone else, but I did buy the smaller 35 calorie no sugar added ones. It's something I can eat & not go nuts on, but they like also.

Any other foods are pre packaged so the calorie count is controlled, like these Nonni thin addictives that I bought, it's kinda a flat biscotti, but the carbs & calories are lower than regular biscotti. It stays within my plan & they can enjoy it too.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Valerie G.
on 7/19/16 6:04 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Put credit where credit is due.  You could also ban driving cars because people get killed in car accidents, too.

Cakes and carry in's don't create obesity problems.  People who choose to bring and indulge in these bad choices create the obesity.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

rachelp
on 7/19/16 6:19 am
VSG on 08/01/16

The office I used to work at was VERY health conscience! They had weight loss competitions where everybody who wanted to enter would pay $10 and the company would throw in like $500. They kept fruit in the kitchen and would bring in lunch once or twice a month from somewhere like subway. They partially paid for gym memberships at a local gym near by. Also, once a year they brought in a clinical team who would give us physicals at work. I do have to say, that was probably the most healthiest I've ever been and everybody I worked with was active, energetic and encouraging. Not one person was morbidly obese and if they were, they weren't anymore...including me! Now where I work is a whole other ballgame! Monthly Birthday pot lucks, cakes on every actual birthday, weekly lunch meetings, every holiday or recognizable day (boss day, admin day etc) celebrated with potlucks, vendors constantly bringing breakfast, on and on and on!!! I was happy at first because I never have to buy breakfast or lunch but most of everybody here is overweight!    

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

Grim_Traveller
on 7/19/16 8:23 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Cake in the office never contributed to my obesity.

Cake in my mouth on the other hand . . .

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

crystal M.
on 7/19/16 12:42 pm - Joliet, IL

At one time my office had what I called an open vending machine.  It was free candy, chips, cookies, soda.  You name it was free.  I took pictures of it, so people would believe me.  There were literally bowls and platters of candy bars and bags of chips and those single serving cookies.  Nothing, was healthy.  Even the supposed healthy fiber bars had something like 18 grams of sugar. 

On top of that they ordered pizza and fried chicken and pasta all of the time for the whole office (they had a house account at some pizza place).  And the guys would bring in donuts every Friday (it's a construction office). 

...and you know what I managed to lose weight in the middle of all this.  We have new management and they have since gotten wayyyy better.  The budget for food spending is has gone down to almost nothing...thank god!!!!      

(deactivated member)
on 7/19/16 5:45 pm

Thank you everyone. Great insights. Sincerely appreciate it. Thinking of more healthy ways and alternatives to cakes.