Post op/ I have become very judgemental/critical of others eating habits.

Kelly L.
on 7/14/16 2:15 pm

I definitely notice how much others can eat, I think it's natural.   I try not to be judgemental, because they still have their whole stomach and ghrelin production.   I have often wondered if overweight people have an over production of ghrelin and that is what has caused us to eat more and more often in the past. 

SkinnyScientist
on 7/18/16 2:51 am

"I have often wondered if overweight people have an over production of ghrelin"

I have wondered that too. Immediately post-op, I had restriction to keep it in check. Going into year 3, I have "big pouch days" and really need to still measure to keep it in check.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/14/16 4:39 pm, edited 7/14/16 9:39 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I think its more of a phase that you're going thru, you're very new out from surgery & are hyper aware of everything. Food portions, kinds of foods, exercise, body changes etc. The further out you get, you might get more used to your new normal & think about how much you've changed & remember how easy it is to go back to your "old normal".

edited to add, oops you're not new from surgery, but I think you know what I mean. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/16 6:10 pm

No . REALLY !!!   But I AM GUILTY OF LOOKING IN PEOPLES SHOPPING CARTS

And yes I can barely hold myself back from telling the poor grrl  100 lbs overweight trying to run that 1) walkings just as effective and shes going to hurt herself ... and 2) get obesity surgery FIRST

YIYIYI

Boxerlover3452
on 7/18/16 4:26 pm
RNY on 06/06/16

I feel bad when I see people in the grocery store with obese children.  So sad.  And yes when I look at their carts I see Oreos, candy, pop, chips,etc.  To me it's child abuse and very sad. 

LeapSecond
on 7/14/16 7:22 pm - AR

It all stays in my head but I want to tell people the options from obesity that are out there.  They aren't asking. I think is is way out of place for me, a total stranger, to point them on my journey. I saw a guy in a motorized grocery cart that was full of stuff. I notice he was taller than I was pre op but right at the same amount overweight.  I thought man I was almost there.  (I was walking with a cane propped up by the shopping cart. Buying in bulk at the club big box stores. Pre op)  I want to say 'I was your weight 2 years ago.  You can have what I have if you do what I did.'  But then I realize they may not want my journey.  They might become offended by me suggesting that they even need a journey. We all had to hit bottom and do our own study for our journey. I guess that is part of it. So I do quietly notice obesity, portions, types of food, other peoples choices and remember them as part of my past. In a way they are helping me not to go back.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

White Dove
on 7/14/16 8:23 pm - Warren, OH

You never know if that person who is really big had surgery and gained it all back.  Or if they want surgery and have a physical reason why they cannot have it or have no insurance to pay for it.

The first year after my surgery I started talking to overweight people about it and quickly found out my insight was not welcome.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

SkinnyScientist
on 7/18/16 2:53 am

"You never know if that person who is really big had surgery and gained it all back"

-Oh crap. I hadnt thought about this. I tell most people about my surgery and how it improved my life.  I had better be more careful in the future.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/16 8:23 pm

You know  reading ur post I think ur wrong ... he DOES   need to hear it  you do need to say it ( even if he rejects it )  .... wow  we such great gifts of knowledge and experience to give  ( suffering ) each other    ( how can we NOT ?!!! )

How as morally decent people can we justify Not Doing this for our fellow sufferors ?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/18/16 4:28 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Think about yourself, back before you considered surgery. How would you feel if a complete stranger walked up to you in a grocery store and told you that they had a magic cure for your fatness?

I dunno about you, but I would probably smack them upside the head for sticking their nose in my business.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!