Struggling 6 years out

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/16 5:07 am

And yes you can do that .  Why settle ?  After you are everything YOU want to be then decide  is my advice

Theduffman27
on 7/13/16 12:49 pm
VSG on 11/19/14

I am with Grim on this one. It sounds like you are dealing with relationship issues. Take it from a guy, we do not care about the cover, we care about what is on the inside. be honest with him, tell him your feelings. You may find that your insecurities do not bother him and that he cares about you, not how you look in a bikini. Good luck

crystal M.
on 7/13/16 12:59 pm - Joliet, IL

I think we all have some insecurities when it comes to our extra skin.  I always say to myself I am one of the lucky ones...as I don't have that much.  But there is still extra skin and sagging. 

You mentioned your boyfriend making comments.  I don't know if these comments were rude or derogatory.  Comments that would otherwise demean or make you feel less about yourself.  Not to mention looking at other women in front of you is so disrespectful.  If so you need to really talk to your significant other.  His behavior could be what is slowly eroding your confidence.  These little comments here and there.  Sideway glances at other women.  I would not have it.   

The men in our lives are supposed to make us feel beautiful if we feel blah.  Lift us up when we feel down.  Not make us question our beauty.  He should make you feel like no one other woman on that beach can hold a candle to you.   

roxytrim
on 7/13/16 4:29 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

I know how you can drop about 160lbs. in less than a day...jettison the b.f. to the curb - where he belongs 

Laura in Texas
on 7/13/16 7:49 pm

I agree with the others who think he is acting like an ass. It sounds like he was an ass before you started dating with the boob and other sexual comments, yet you chose to date him anyway.

I am also in my late 40's and my boyfriend always makes me feel like the most beautiful woman in the room. There is no doubt in my mind that he truly thinks I am.

You call him your "serious boyfriend" so I will assume he knows what you look like naked. The skin is not a surprise to him. 

I don't believe you can work on improving your self-acceptance if you are in a relationship with someone that makes you feel badly about yourself. It is probably the reason you cannot lose weight. It is all connected. Perhaps you should get some counseling.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/16 9:19 pm

I find  that "this is the reason you can not lose more weight  " comment VERY  intriguing ...

JaxLiving
on 7/14/16 4:44 am - Spanish Fort, AL
RNY on 05/27/16

First of all, if you lost almost 200 pounds initially, you can definitely lose 30 pounds now! Just get back to what you did then, and before you know it -- you'll be back to 112! You got this, girl!!!

Second, do not let a man lower your self esteem! If he is looking at other women and commenting negatively about your body, his heart is not in the right place! You need to have a talk with him! Perhaps he will realize the error of his ways. If not, kick him to the curb! You deserve a man *****spects you!!!

SW:223, CW: 134.2; GW: 125, RNY: 5/27/16

Valerie G.
on 7/14/16 4:47 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

If a man loves you, he loves SO much more than your physical body, and doesn't even see the imperfections or doesn't care either way, because he's into you, heart and soul.  If you think your skin is a deal-breaker, then he's too shallow for a serious relationship with you, anyway, and never had an interest in such a thing with you.  If this scares you, then yes, you do need to work on loving yourself enough to be loved in a mature way.

Now, for the weight regain.  It's perfectly normal to regain around 25-30% of your excess weight lost.  That's why you see people pushing HARD the first year or two to lose as much as they can, so that rebound leaves them in a good place.  Your regain is WAY under that.  Just make sure you're not falling into bad habits, buy a couple of new outfits that are more flattering for this weight and stay healthy.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

JaxLiving
on 7/14/16 4:50 am - Spanish Fort, AL
RNY on 05/27/16

First of all, if you lost almost 200 pounds initially, you can definitely lose 30 pounds now! Just get back to what you did then, and before you know it -- you'll be back to 112! You got this, girl!!!

Second, do not let a man lower your self esteem! If he is looking at other women and commenting negatively about your body, his heart is not in the right place! You need to have a talk with him! Perhaps he will realize the error of his ways. If not, kick him to the curb! You deserve a man *****spects you!

JaxLiving
on 7/14/16 4:54 am - Spanish Fort, AL
RNY on 05/27/16

I posted my response twice, by accident, and I have not idea what I typed that made the message "bleep out" the word "respect." I intended to say that you deserve a man *****spects you!