Revision from Band to Bypass-need a new surgeon

kristine1968
on 7/12/16 9:16 am
RNY on 05/09/17

I live in Independence, MO (near Kansas City)I am so frustrated with my lap band.  I got it in 2012 and due to some legal issues  the surgeon I had at the time is no longer around and neither is the office.   With no dr and increasingly more and more frustration with myself and the band I did not see anyone for quite awhile . I have gained most all of my weight back and am really frustrated,  Just recently went to a dr, about the possibility of a revision from band to bypass or sleeve.  THe dr seeemed nice and was willing to talk to me and answer questions.  THe insurance person was gone for the day, but they promised to check my insurance and see about moving forward with a revision.  I had to call repeatedly about the insurance answers myself and have been told they would forward to the nurse, who also seemed gone for the day and get back with me on getting things started.  To this day, I still have heard nothing.  I have called and left messages but no one calls me back.  My question is does anyone live close to this area that could give me any referrals to good surgeons in my area.  I'm really wanting to do something but I'm only getting more frustrated  

White Dove
on 7/12/16 10:47 am - Warren, OH

Every insurance is different.  Call the number on your insurance card and find out what coverage you have

They can direct you to a surgeon in your network.

I did not go to a surgeon until I knew what coverage I had.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Kathy S.
on 7/12/16 11:03 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

You have mail 

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

cheapskate
on 7/12/16 12:19 pm
RNY on 03/30/15

Check out Dr Hoehn at Prairie Star Bariatric. Message me with any questions 

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 7/12/16 1:34 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

i wish u were in new jersey. dr goyal woukd see u and assess u and give you the best plan of action.  he does a bunch of these bands to real WLS surgey changes based on the patients i have met.   i hope u find someone you r comfortable with. 

Sharon