Thursday *****fest - 7/7/16

supershopper
on 7/7/16 12:36 pm

yes, stay off the scales for a couple weeks !

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

sheriberi29
on 7/7/16 12:43 pm - Cleveland, TN

It is frustrating . But it will go down 

Banded 6/9/09 HW 242 LW 142 Revision 198 m 1 loss 16 lbs 182. M 2 loss 4 lbs 178. M3 loss 6 lbs 174.m4 loss 4 lbs 168. M5 gain 2 lbs 170. M6 loss 7 lbs 163 M7 loss 5 lbs 159 M8 loss 1 lb 158 M9 loss 0 M10 155 loss 3 M11 154 loss 1 M12 loss 2 152 M13 loss 3 149 M16, 17 0 loss M 18 loss 4 lbs 145 (18 months 53 lbs)

NYMom222
on 7/7/16 6:49 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

After the first week I didn't lose for 3 1/2 weeks. I am at goal now. It happens....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

The Salty Hag
on 7/7/16 12:37 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

I have a *****! It's hidden in the novel below...  ( Sorry )

Basically, the last two days have sucked ass. 

I had to run a few errands this morning, one of which was loading up garbage bags to take to the dump. ( we live so far out in Bumpkinville that there's no trash pick-up. ) I slept in because I didn't fall asleep until 4 a.m.

I wrestled big, stinky garbage bags into the back of my Suburban. Yuck. I usually use Michael's truck, ( or Michael usually takes it himself) but the bumper is too high for me to climb into the bed of the truck to unload the trash...and I can't reach into the bed to unload without being on the bumper. Catch 22. Had to use my truck. Again, yuck. 

I also had to return a piece of fiber board to Lowe's. ( It was under the garbage, covered with an old blanket. )  It was like 8 feet tall, heavy, and bendy. After I got the garbage to the dump. I go into town to Lowe's. I tried to get the board out of my truck on my own.  Um..nope, wasn't happening. I haaaaate asking for help, but I needed that thing out of my Suburban! Went off to find help.

Today, of all days, some guy gives me an appreciative look and a smile. I've not had that happen in the 2 years I've been at a "normal" weight. And I'm fine with that, really. I've never expected it to happen. I'm married, and I don't even normally notice other guys in general. I just happened to make eye contact with Mr. Lookie Loo at the wrong moment. My hair was back, I had a ball cap on because it's a bad hair day, I was in a ratty t-shirt and jeans, no make-up., and was slightly sweaty. And I get that first "How YOU doin' ?" look. I had to not smile back when really, I just wanted to bust out laughing. It was funny to me. I just gave him my "I'm a dork" face, and turned around and walked the other way. I find a Lowe's dude, he unloads the board. Done at Lowe's. 

And this was ALL WITHOUT MY MORNING COFFEE!  

I hadn't had time to make any. I wanted to get stuff done before it hit 100. ( It just stormed here though ) I needed coffee. STAT! I headed for Starbucks. Iced coffee! ( It's too hot for hot coffee ) Yum. Liquid Salvation. I ordered a skinny iced caramel macchiato. Venti, please and thank you. I took a sip; instant happiness. I'd never had a skinny iced caramel macchiato. Wow, I'd been missing out. I was calm now, the world was once again balanced. I was happy. Sip,sip, sip. Drive,drive,drive...haha. 

I sipped on it on the way home, and was almost halfway through the drink when *cue dramatic music* the first inkling of "uh oh" hits me. Ruh Roh, Raggy! What the hell?? I ordered a skinny!!!! It shouldn't be making me feel this way! I'd never ordered one of those particular skinny drinks, but.... Skinny means no sugar, right?? It does for their other drinks! Luckily, I was turning onto my street by the time I felt realllly crampy.  

Once inside, I checked their nutrition info, and it seems that in a Venti, there are 27 grams of carbs, and 23 of those are sugars. I get that some of that is milk sugar, but WTF? 27!! 23 grams of sugars! Lactose doesn't usually affect me at all, though...I did feel awful after drinking a glass of milk a while back. Am I lactose intolerant now?? Holy crap on a cracker! Is that what happened?? I feel stupid for not checking the carb count before. I'd not have ordered it at all. Boo. I also feel stupid for not remembering about the milk making me feel bad. Duh, Audrey, duhhh.

This is just a continuation of a bad day yesterday. My son's turtle died...and he doesn't know yet. I found her yesterday when I went to check on her. I'd forgotten to check on her on Tuesday. Will forever feel guilt. She had food, water, her habitat was still moist and misty, but Bella was dead. I'm very sad for my son. I can't tell him while he is at his father's house. His dad will make fun of him in some way, I just know it, so I'm waiting until he gets home. Ex will also ***** if I bring the boys home a few days early so we can have a small funeral for Bella. She's um...on ice for now. 

So...yeah. 

Crappy Days are here again. 

My poor kid. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/7/16 1:31 pm

Most likely it is not lactose intolerance- but sugar dumping .... now your body recognises lactose as simple sugar.. welcome to the club...

is you have lactose issue - even 1/2 cup of milk (6 gr) can give you runs...) 

as for the turtle - can you buy him another one? will he ever know? 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

The Salty Hag
on 7/7/16 2:45 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

That's what I was wondering about after I posted. I remembered seeing something you posted about milk sugar making people dump. 

I wouldn't want to try to replace his turtle. He'd know the difference for sure. He's 15, and he had her for 5 years. She had a very distinctive shell pattern. I think he'd be way more upset if I tried to replace her and lie by omission, if that makes sense. 

Tom Petty

pammieanne
on 7/7/16 1:49 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

RIP, Bella... I'm in agreement, can't you just replace Bella while he's gone?? Horrible I know, but it just might be doable with a turtle...

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

The Salty Hag
on 7/7/16 2:56 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

He'd know the difference away. She had distinctive markings on her shell. Like I told Hala, I'd hate for him to be even more upset by her being replaced and me trying to act like he was being silly by telling him it was her. 

Tom Petty

Oxford Comma Hag
on 7/7/16 3:10 pm

Aw, sorry about Bella. 

I have to chuckle about the Lowe's guy. Isn't that the way it goes? 

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

The Salty Hag
on 7/7/16 8:03 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Thank you.

And yeah, that's the way it goes. After the dork face...it was all good. LOL. 

Tom Petty