Thursday *****fest - 7/7/16

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/16 10:51 am

Well I'm a little late to this party but, man do I need to vent. 

Little background. I'm 21 right now, two years ago I started my freshman year. Right around this time my mom got really sick with what seemed like a bad cold. She got better, but was never able to shake the physical symptoms like cough and stuffy nose and slight fever for nearly 6 months. Any way, the doctors kept blowing her off saying it's all in her mind. Eventually they found polyps in her nasal cavity. She had surgery this spring. But nothing changed, it actually seemed to get worse. But they kept saying nothing is wrong and it's all in her.

Two nights ago, my mom couldn't stop coughing. We rushed her to the emergency room. As we entered the hospital she became unresponsive. She stopped breathing and lost her pulse. She nearly died. It really didn't look good for a while. they are FINALLY taking her seriously. Turns out she has heart disease. Guess what a chronic cough is a common symptom of? ding ding ding that's right! Heart disease. So mad that they didn't look more seriously into the issue over the past two years. Think how much worse it's gotten since then. I'm frustrated with the doctors that refused to listen to her but thankful for the ones that saved her life. Definitely the scariest few days of my life.

Lovely_Caprice
on 7/10/16 2:45 pm

My own view here, folks that have children, health issues that prevent them from putting the shopping back I totally understand.  Others well a little walk back to put the cart would not hurt anyone - actually would be good and burn a few more calories.  Who is that lazy to leave where it does not belong!  Seriously.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/10/16 3:46 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

For sure. I do my best to get everything back in place, it only takes a few seconds :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!