Wednesday ANTI-*****fest

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/6/16 11:51 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Thursday *****fest will resume tomorrow, but in the meantime, how about ANTI-*****fest?

Share something good that's happened to you lately, something that's made you smile, or anything else happy!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

mschwab
on 7/6/16 12:16 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

I am grateful every day for:

• My good health, and continued cancer free status
  • My supportive friends and family, who I always know have my best interests at heart
  • A job I love, and co-workers that are the best!
  • My super, amazing tool that changed my life and gave me a quality of life I could only dream of.
  • Everyone on OH that inspire me each day with your courage, insight and general awesomeness
  • Sak's Off Fifth Avenue.  Shopping!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Theduffman27
on 7/6/16 12:20 pm
VSG on 11/19/14

On July 4th My wife and I went to the Gym and then to lunch. We did not go to the local parade on the 4th, though had been at one the day prior. I saw a WW2 veteran and His wife come into the restaurant. I recognized him form the previous day parade as he and his wife were on a float for an Organization called North Country Honor Flight ( They fly veterans to DC to see several sights), I waited for this gentleman and wife to sit down and I went over and shook his hand and Thanked him for his service. I was choked up as I was speaking as I was reminded of my late grandfather, who fought on Dday and survived 5 major battles in WW2. It made me proud to do this and is something I do often, but something special about acknowledging a WW2 veteran.

on 7/6/16 1:20 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Honor Flight is a wonderful group!

kathkeb
on 7/6/16 1:05 pm

My husband and I got licensed 6 weeks ago for Foster Parenting.

We are blessed to be caring for the sweetest little 5 month old girl!

I have never been a morning person, but this baby wakes up happy.    I open her door and she is smiling and kicking her feet and waving her arms, just ready to embrace the day.

It is such a joy to see .... Morning is becoming my favorite part of the day!  We snuggle, have a bottle, get dressed and head off to daycare.  She even likes my singing!!!

Kath

on 7/6/16 1:07 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Awwwwww, that's just wonderful! There are a few other foster babies in daycare with my son, I'm so grateful for the parents who can care for those little ones :)

Oxford Comma Hag
on 7/6/16 1:11 pm

DH and I saw Free State of Jones (good movie), and on the way out a guy politely stopped to let me out ahead of him.

I had to go to the city tax office today. The staff was very friendly and there was no wait.

I met a nice neighbor when her little dog escaped and we found her.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Theduffman27
on 7/6/16 1:13 pm
VSG on 11/19/14

I loved Free State Of Jones! I do no****ch Television very often and had not seen a trailer or read about the movie so I had no clue what was about.

kathkeb
on 7/6/16 5:42 pm

I met a neighbor today for the same reason.  Their exterminator accidentally let one of their dogs loose.  I took care of Trixie until her people could be found.

Kath

on 7/6/16 1:23 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I got to do my nails all fancy-style this weekend. They're bright blue with white pinstripes. I'm feeling quite proud of myself.

My parents haven't had a dog in years since their Newfoundland passed away, but they adopted an adorable little 6-year-old beagle named Stella a few weeks back. Stella already has her very own bike trailer and a spot on the couch-- spoiled the way a rescue dog SHOULD be!

Work is busy, but I'm grateful because it means I'm needed and I at least FEEL important, LOL!