Exhaustion!!

Lisa F.
on 7/2/16 8:07 am, edited 7/3/16 10:01 pm
VSG on 06/06/16

Like the saying goes... "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Thanks for the help.

VSG DATE 6/6/16 | SW 280 | CW 198 | GW 175 | HEIGHT 5'8 | AGE 55

ORIGINAL GOAL WEIGHT OF 175 MET: 12/6/17 (18 MONTHS POST OP)

NEW GOAL: LOSE 20 LB RE-GAIN

Valerie G.
on 7/5/16 4:46 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I also have my money on recovery.  It was a good 6 weeks before I started feeling like myself again, and I was thankful that I took 8 weeks off.  Others have reported their critical thinking being impaired when returning too early to work, as well.  Going home after work and continuing your recovery is key.  Pretend you're still an invalid and don't try to resume your home routine yet.  Your body is telling you to slow down.

I'm glad you're in tune with your needs for hydration.  I drink nearly 3x the recommended 64 oz daily (I'm nearly 11 yrs out, don't be alarmed).  

Nutritional deficiencies likely won't be noticed for a couple of months.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/16 8:02 am
ReShape on 10/30/16

I think your exactly right. I know I was easily exhausted for 2-3 months after surgery. Surgery itself takes a ton out of you (no pun intended, lol) but also the quick weight loss, inability to get protein and vitamins in all play a part. 

Don't let getting back to work let you get off schedule with getting your proteins, liquids, etc in as this is incredibly important in your recovery. I know in my case after 90 days the dr cleared me to start going to the gym which both tired me out but started to build up my stamina, quicken weight loss and get my body into shape.

Good luck in this crazy but wonderful journey. It's a ride you'll never regret! Rich