Sweetner

popbella
on 7/2/16 7:51 am
VSG on 06/17/16

I'd have to agree, sometimes you just need to make your food taste better.  Personally, I prefer and use Splenda.  My Greek yogurt would never go down without it.  :)

Linda_S
on 7/2/16 1:13 pm - Eugene, OR

Stevia is best.  It's a natural plant.  While Truvia has stevia in it, it is mainly erythritol - chemical.  I buy Sweetdrops.  Its ingredients are purified water, stevia leaf extract, and natural flavors.  You won't find much purer than that, although I do know that 'natural flavors' can be not totally natural.  I cannot use Splenda.  I get horrible headaches from it.  Not as bad as the headaches I had from aspartame, but pretty bad.

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Talkingmountain
on 7/2/16 3:45 pm
RNY on 12/28/15

I use KAI monk fruit. It's cut with inulin (I've tried the pure minkfruit and its so very sweet that it's hard to get a small enough amount I to a drink!). Minkfruit in the Raw is cut with erythritol whiCh I can't tolerate.

Stevia tastes horrible to me but a lot of people love it, so it's worth a try. 

I avoid Splenda (sucralose) because it doesn't sit well on my new tummy, and because it spends a period of time during the digestive process as formaldehyde (a potent carcinogen). But if u really are using just a small amount only a few times a month, then I wouldn't worry about that aspect. 

Mostly ive been trying to use the "honeymoon period" to retrain my palate to like foods that are less sweet and low in fat. So I don't use a lot of sweetener, period. 

Ht 5'6" | HW 278 | SW 264, Size 28+/4-5X | GW 135ish, Size 10-12 | CW 132, Size 8-10
Surg Date 12/28/15 | NSV Goal: Go down slide w/kid! 

Batwingsman
on 7/5/16 10:39 am, edited 7/5/16 3:39 am - Garland, TX

When eating at home, I have a sugar shaker filled with Truvia (which is made from Stevia) .. Actually I buy the generic version, which is cheaper ..       When dining out, I have always opted for Splenda when it is available.  I get upset at places that only have the "cheap" stuff (e.g. pink/SweetNlo or blue/Equal/aspartame) and if it's the pink stuff I end up mixing 1/2 and 1/2 with sugar.  I recently found in Walmart that Splenda is selling a small eyedropper bottle with the liquid form of their stuff that you can carry on you to use as needed.    The only problem with Splenda  -  the recent major medical study that supposedly has found a link between using it and certain types of blood cancers ...  

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )