So many questions i guess im just Nervous

Vicki PNW
on 6/27/16 6:20 pm

There were several suggestions to bring lip balm.  I had non-WLS surgery early in May of this year and didn't think about bringing in one.  To my pleasant surprise, the lip balm was provided to me in the recovery room.  I kept it and still use it.

Here's what I brought to the hospital:

comb and brush

toothbrush and toothpaste (the hospital can provide them as well as shampoo and shower cap)

cell phone, Kindle, and their chargers

The hospital provided a patient gown along with a robe and non-skid socks for walking the halls.  The patient gown can be changed daily.

I wore the same outfit (T-shirt and track pants and slip-on sandals) to and from the hospital.  The hospital is not gonna care what one wears.

Best of luck on your safe and successful surgery and recovery!

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Nicole K.
on 6/28/16 3:19 pm - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

I brought so much stuff to the hospital, my iPad, phone, laptop, and didn't end up using any of it, I was WAY too tired.  Well, I used my phone and texted my boyfriend, but I have no recollection of sending said texts (something about the UPS man waiting for him at the hospital, asking him if he still loved me) and he still gets a kick out of reading them.  I was pretty loopy.

I can't second Chapstick enough, I'm a Carmex girl, and the hospital had some crappy wannabe Chapstick that was terrible, nothing like my beloved Carmex.  The first night my lips were AWFUL.

The whole time I was there, I slept, or talked to the nurses when they came in for vitals, etc.

Nicole 

RNY on 2/12/2016 with Dr. Kent Sasse

First consultation weight: 309  Goal weight: 150

icej2003
on 6/28/16 8:01 pm - Belleville, IL
RNY on 08/03/16

oh wow I hope I don't be sending out random texts...lol I think I'm going to go that route with using Carmex that's what I prefer also