Finally saw my surgeon

mute
on 6/21/16 2:41 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

Saw my surgeon today - my insurance dropped their whole network so it's been a very long time since I was there. The last time I was there I weighed 308 pounds. They were pretty shocked with how far I've come - which I have to say felt pretty damn good.

I had to see the PA *****ally pissed me off the last time I was there. She had made me feel less than confident the last time and implied that I was moving slowly in my weight loss - which I was at the time. Now there was pretty much nothing she could say to make me feel bad! She did keep harping on exercising and I said, yes I know and understand exercising is important, I get that. It's not something that I've been able to incorporate into everything I'm doing. She said I bet you're slowing down in your weight loss though, and I said actually I weigh myself weekly and yesterday I lost 4 pounds so not really. She just irritated me again.

Anyway - they said my labs were great, my Vitamin D is super high but not in a bad way. I was concerned since I hadn't had labs done but thankfully everything was fine - I've taken vitamins daily and religiously but wanted to make sure!

Those of you who suggested my beta blocker is to blame for my dizziness, everyone at my Surgeon's office totally agrees. Next stop - Neuro office next week to see about stopping that med.

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/21/16 2:50 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Good going girl! It blows when the people in the office keep trying to get on your last nerve. I bet that PA was just itching to prove that exercise speeds up weight loss when we know it doesn't. Kudos to you on "checking that chick" on that subject.

Hope everything goes well at the Neuro office. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

mute
on 6/22/16 4:41 am
RNY on 03/23/15

She was definitely trying to be all over the exercise thing. Which is fine! And I'm not saying exercise is bad by any means, just saying I've tried to incorporate it and it so hasn't worked for me and I'm thankful that hasn't hindered my weight loss!

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/21/16 5:51 pm

Congratulations on the good reports. 

at some point in time - I realized that I paid docs.  I am the customer. and I don't mind some doc or PA tellme like it is "you need to drop 15lbs and come see me" or "the spots on your hand - is old age.."" but I refuse to see someone who is arrogant and have no idea what they are talking about... I fire docs like that or refuse to see them in the practice...

Yes - you can ask to be seen by someone else..  unless her and the doc are the ONLY qualified people to see you - demand someone else.. 

when my docs ask me about exercises- I smile and tell them that I walk... and smile again... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Heather P.
on 6/22/16 6:12 am

I'm glad everything turned out well!  As soon as I stopped my BP meds all my dizziness, etc went away within a few days.  I have had my BP checked several times since and it is getting more to a normal range instead of so low.  I hope you get the same results!

Ht 5'7" HW 406, SW 361

RNY 3/28/16

Ashley in Belgium
on 6/22/16 6:25 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

Great news!  

I am with HALA - ask to see a different PA or nurse or whatever.  Your time, effort and MONEY are valuable to them.  You shouldn't have to put up with attitude, lip, nor arrogance.  It'll make you feel crazy good if you stop putting up with that kind of crap.  Honestly.

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

mute
on 6/22/16 10:32 am
RNY on 03/23/15

After my last appointment I complained about her and let them know that she was not exactly encouraging. I wasn't doing ANYTHING noncompliant last time I went and she made me feel like **** I definitely let them know. This time since there wasn't anything I needed from them except to confirm my labs were good and I did see my surgeon as well I didn't bother to say anything. If I needed to go back for more things there I would.

At my Oncologist - who I LOVE - she had a partner and their policy was that you couldn't choose who to see, it was whichever was available on your given day/time. Finally after he made me cry multiple times I spoke to the one I love and told her how the other one made me feel and that I would not be back due to that policy. And I haven't.