Tiny tips and tricks

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/20/16 8:35 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

That sounds really handy! I don't know that I've ever seen bags that size, is that something you can get at the store locally, or do you need to order them online?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

peachpie
on 6/20/16 5:23 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

For vitamins I keep a small 2oz container of them everywhere, In my purse, in the kitchen, on my nightstand, in my car and on my desk at work. 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

peachpie
on 6/20/16 5:24 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I also have a food scale at work, and one at home.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

mute
on 6/21/16 4:45 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Since I pack every day I don't need to weigh anything at work - I weigh everything at home before it goes in my lunch bag. But I like the idea of having a scale at work! Because I completely believe in being prepared just in case!!

SkinnyScientist
on 6/21/16 1:56 am

I pack my lunch too!

I have tremendous credit card debt from numerous surgeries and labs (and now I got this stupid tick scare to worry about). Last year, I decided THAT was the year I was getting out of debt..but I skated with a synchro team instead and learned about how "little things add up" in a month and lost the "extra" for my additional payments.

This year, GOD/Universe/my soul has really impressed on me "This is the year you get out of debt" and I am really trying hard. Yesterday, I got  ice tea from starbucks. The first starbucks I have had in MONTHS, cuz I have just been making my own and throwing it at the credit card debt.

I strive really hard each month to add an extra 20-200 bucks payment on every card, for every payment. Eventually one of them is going to get into killing distance.

Then I am cutting all but ONE of the damn things up and never getting back in again. Never.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/20/16 12:25 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Find ways to distract yourself when you have head hunger.   I used adult coloring books, meditation and getting up and walking into a new space.  Try not to succumb to immediate gratification.  If you can wait it out, you can usually make smarter choices.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

mute
on 6/21/16 4:47 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Totally agree with this one. I also use coloring books to distract myself from head hunger.

I use gum too - to satisfy my oral fixation part of the issue and make me feel like maybe I'm satisfying part of the need I'm having. If I chew gum I can usually get past the hunger.

seattledeb
on 6/21/16 6:13 am

I too am an adult color book gal with excessive pencils.

mute
on 6/22/16 10:37 am
RNY on 03/23/15

At the BookExpo I went to last month I got a coloring desk calendar. It starts in July. You have no idea how excited I've been for July to come around lol!

seattledeb
on 6/22/16 9:08 pm

I got two cool new books for my birthday. Martyrdom by Hallie Fryd  Lovely happy book of different Saints/martyrs getting tortured. My ex-Catholic artist wife found particular joy in finding that one.

The other one is Cities Fantastic by Steve McDonald. Very complex.

Right now I'm loving a Lotus Design book. It's really a good thing to do.