Tiny tips and tricks

furiosmommy
on 7/11/16 10:24 am - Phoenix, AZ

Omg... I'm in love with golden oreos thins. I can finish a pack by myself in no time. 

Congratulations on your sobriety, that's huge!

~ Nikki ~  Loving my rad new life!
VSG 1/4/2011

Lost 150lbs, gained back 50lbs.

Back on track and hope to

compete as a Powerlifter soon!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/16 10:05 am

I set goals to give myself rewards. I will buy something and I can't have it till I hit the goal. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/20/16 11:16 am

One we finish eating - put the leftover away. 

Things that may tempt me - are either in a freezer in a garage, or in one of the top cabinets that I need a small step ladder to get to. Behind cat food. Out of sigh- out of mind.

After party/get together give away food that you I know I shouldn't eat (but may be tempted to if in the house) and my SO doesn't like. or ..toss it if noone wants it... (i.e. 1/2 bottle of white wine went out with my guests last night)

I make sure I always have food that I can eat in the house - or in my purse/car... (i.e. as my guests were eating tiramisu for dessert - I had my strawberry/coconut popsicle..) I bought a freezer (I had used one I paid $100 for for 10 years...) so I can make more foods then portion and freeze  - when I have very busy week - month - I almost always have food I can just reheat... 

Have healthy snack food available..(for me it is nuts, coconut bites, my own made "baked goods", popsicles in summer, 86% chocolate for winter, etc.......)

You don't have to spend a lot of money to eat healthy.... plus I don't need professional manicure or pedicure, I do need to eat healthy... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

sheriberi29
on 6/20/16 11:33 am - Cleveland, TN

Do you have a place that you share your homemade treats ? My birthday is coming and my total downfall before surgery was birthday cake .... 

Banded 6/9/09 HW 242 LW 142 Revision 198 m 1 loss 16 lbs 182. M 2 loss 4 lbs 178. M3 loss 6 lbs 174.m4 loss 4 lbs 168. M5 gain 2 lbs 170. M6 loss 7 lbs 163 M7 loss 5 lbs 159 M8 loss 1 lb 158 M9 loss 0 M10 155 loss 3 M11 154 loss 1 M12 loss 2 152 M13 loss 3 149 M16, 17 0 loss M 18 loss 4 lbs 145 (18 months 53 lbs)

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/20/16 11:55 am

I am allergic to so many things (including dairy - cheese) that I had to improvise. I don't share recipes..not because i don't want to, but because i cook- bake intuitively...I add things that "make sense" until things look and "taste" right... 

but I would suggest eggface blog; or http://againstallgrain.com/recipe-index/... really nice stuff... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/20/16 12:46 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Pinterest is a great place for recipes! If you search for "paleo," you can often find good stuff that's low-carb, high-protein.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

mute
on 6/20/16 11:56 am
RNY on 03/23/15
  • I pack my lunch daily for work - this sounds easy but I know almost no one else who does this lol!
  • In that lunch I pack some vitamins so that I get in my extra dose of Calcium every day. I find it super easy to take the morning/evening doses but that mid-day one I need a reminder.

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/20/16 12:42 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Ooh, packing vitamins is a great idea! I tend to walk off without my morning pills in the rush to get Little Dude ready for daycare, but I can definitely toss them in my bag.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

stacyrg
on 6/20/16 2:47 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

I know it's may be more expensive, but I keep a set of vitamins at work and at home.  I'm really good about taking them at work, I pull out what I need for the day and leave them on my desk, but I was becoming forgetful on the weekends . . . mostly because I kept my supply at work.  Now I have a supply of calcium, D, B and iron at work and a duplicate set at home.  I tend to buy my vitamins when they're buy one, get one, so it's really a no brainer for me to double up to insure I get my proper dose.

Neesie57
on 6/20/16 7:51 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

I pack my vitamins in 3"X3" zipper bags to have them at the ready anytime.  I try to pack about 50 bags, so they last me almost 2 months at a time.  When I go on vacations I just grab the number of vitamin bags I need for the trip and put them in my cosmetics bags.  Each day I take a bag with me in my purse, so I can take them with my meals throughout the day.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!