Tiny tips and tricks

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/20/16 9:22 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Even though I'm 2.5 years out from surgery, I still run across random little bits of advice that I hadn't thought of. Ways to manage eating, ideas for moving, that sort of thing. Anybody care to share theirs?

Here are a few of mine:

• Use the bathroom on the other floor of my office building, which makes me get up and move more often.

• Take bites that are the size of a grain or two of rice to force yourself to slow down.

• Keep your pill case or patches next to your toothbrush so you remember to take them before bed.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

AngryViking
on 6/20/16 9:42 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I do the bathroom thing, too!  LOL  I also park in the farthest spot from my office building to force myself to get in at least some "exercise".

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/16 9:51 am

This I put in my sobriety date in my phone to go off two times to remind me. I also use it for my WLS date. I will be three years in October. 

I hate saying this one. I have my kids hide their snacks so I don't go eat them

on 6/20/16 9:57 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I love the idea of the phone alarm!

I really should take up the second one with my husband. If there are cookies in the house, I WILL eat them, and my husband gets frustrated that he can never have snacks. If he hides them and doesn't tell me, that would work!

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/16 10:00 am

I am addicted to vanilla oreos. I will buy a small pack and share at AA. But I am stopping doing that. I go to meetings at least five times a week. I am afraid it will turn into a every day thing. 

on 6/20/16 10:08 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Have I told you lately that I'm ridiculously proud of you! :-D

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/16 10:10 am

Thank you Julie. It has been tough. But life is so much better. I mean I actually have true happiness. It's not all unicorns and pixie dust. But it is totally much better. 

karenp8
on 6/20/16 11:20 am - Brighton, IL

So proud of you lady! And it's great to see you on here. We miss you for sure when you're not around.

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/16 11:57 am

Thank you. I really don't like to post about me being an alcoholic so much. But it is a big part of a life changer for me. 

I have been away. I have been in Indiana, Texas two times then Amsterdam. Two weddings and it has been a bit crazy. Good crazy. 

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 6/20/16 5:39 pm - Belleville, IL

Congrats to you on your sobriety and hard work at all you do.  I have followed a similar road in the past. ((((hugs)))

Warmly,

Jackie