Surgery in 14 days, starting to second guess my decision

Kathy S.
on 6/20/16 11:39 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I had my fingers dug into the door jam as they were going to wheel me off to surgery. My surgeon asked if I had changed my mind?  Thank God I didn't change my mind. I believe for "me" the surgery saved my life  

Hang in there and let us know how it goes!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Renren
on 6/20/16 12:24 pm
VSG on 12/02/15

I felt the same as you do before my surgery.  I started telling myself I can lose weight without it. And while it's true that I can, I've lost massive amounts of weight many times, I was never able to keep it off. It just wasn't in me to lose it again knowing that I would more than likely gain it all back, and probably a little extra. So I had the surgery and I'm so glad I did. I'm down to 137.5 as of this morning. My highest ever was 288, and on my surgery date dec 2 2015 I was 212. At that point I struggled hard to keep my weight in the low 200's.  I was always hungry and unsatisfied. It's so much better now. 

5'2.5" Surgery date/ 12-02-15 Dr.Valentine Boise ID

Highest:289 SW/212 CW 122

Goal/125-130

Goal reached at 10 months

cici123
on 6/26/16 10:51 am

I had a roller coaster of emotion prior to my surgery. Here I am, 6 days post op and I have no regrets at all. It's not fun, it's not easy. It's been a challenging week, but totally doable and I am so glad that I am on to the next step. Be good to yourself, stay surrounded by positive friends and family,remind yourself of the reasons why you are doing this.  Get your house in order, make some good song lists, reading materials and movies line up.  Stock up on things you will need afterwards, comfortable clothes, vitamins, jello, broth, different kinds of flavorful drinks.  (I am glad I found "True Lime" my go to drink.    I just want you to know that I think having doubts and second guessing oneself is normal and to let you know that you can do this.   I found keeping busy and task oriented before hand helped me to focus and to keep from getting too nuts with nerves.   I worked really hard on my garden so it had a few days to grow while I was away and I came home to blooming flowers as a welcome home gift from me.    You can do it.