Knee replacement surgery -

ramone
on 6/19/16 4:29 pm

Anyone know of prescription pain medication that is non narcotic and not an NSAD to use after knee surgery,  I had a gastric bypass years ago.  I need to get of the strong pain pills but Tylenol does nothing for me.  Help.  I'm in pain.

Grim_Traveller
on 6/19/16 6:55 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Tramadol (Ultram) is the painkiller of choice for folks after RNY.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Sandi B.
on 6/19/16 9:31 pm - Haltom City, TX

I had a knee replacement in March 2015... unfortunately I loved on Essential Oils and used Tramadol for over a year along with Flexaril.   We are now looking at having the other knee done and I'm honestly prepared for it.   If you don't have the machine please ask for it (I WISH my dr would have given it to me!!!!) My iceman was my saving grace worth my oils most days!

Also, my GO TO on the relief even a year later is Essential Oils... I don't have a clue where I'd be without them! 

Feel free to message me about them!)

*Sandi* 
*Strength... it's inside, beside, behind and all around me*

LeapSecond
on 6/20/16 7:09 am - AR

I am familiar with Young Living brand. What specific oils do you find helpful for that kind of pain and how often do you use them when in pain? I have chronic back and knee pain even after weight loss.  I see a pain management doc and am on meds and managed well most days. However there are days that I could use some additional help.  I am also very happy to use anything to reduce my pain meds as often as possible. Thanks for your time. 

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

White Dove
on 6/20/16 10:23 am - Warren, OH

I rarely need any medicines.  I have Biofreeze in a spray can and that relieves any muscle pains for me.  Biofreeze was invented to help patients reduce their pain medications.  If you can't find it in the pharmacy, then ask the pharmacist.  It is often kept behind the counter.  I also order from Amazon.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Kathy S.
on 6/20/16 11:32 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Good Luck with your surgery!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/16 1:01 pm
ReShape on 10/30/16

I just had both of mine replaced over the past 3 months. I was given Oxycodone with no stomach issues. I also took Motrin again with

no issues. I know the pain can be brutal. My right was a third replacement with reconstruction whi*****luded a couple of 2" steel blocks

a steel disc ( along with the 7 steel staples and 3 screws I already had in the leg) and this stem expends all the way to just above the ankle

the so it could extend below the ruptured area of the leg bone that was injured when the last replacement broke loose. The nice thing is

the pain is lessens each day and now you have stability right? Very best of luck with your recovery!