Happy Father's Day! What is your fondest father memory?

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/19/16 9:27 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Happy Fathers Day! & a big shout out to the moms who do double duty as Mom & Dad! Remember shout outs? lol Well anyway what is your fondest memory of your Dad?

Mine is when I was 7 years old & my Dad to took me to see the Raggedy Ann & Andy movie. Ok I'm showing my age lol. Anyway I remember feeling so little & he was so big! He was my entire world, he bought my a Raggedy Ann & Andy book that he bought after the movie & signed it inside that he gave me that book at 7 years old. Forty plus years later & I still have that book.

My father has long since passed, but I still look at that book & think of him. I also think about him on my rides on the bike path that he traveled on as well & think hey Dad, look, I'm doing it!

What is the fondest memory of your Dad?

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

rocky513
on 6/19/16 11:51 am - WI
rocky513
on 6/19/16 11:52 am, edited 6/19/16 5:01 am - WI

I have too many to write about here.  My dad was such a character.  He died 4 years ago and I find myself remembering all kinds of stories.  I've actually started writing them down so my daughter will have a record of them.

When I was about 10 years old, my dad, who was in the Air Force, was stationed at Big Spring, Texas.  It was a particularly hot Texas day and my dad found a place in San Angelo that rented boats and water skiing equipment to use on the nearby lake.  He had never been on water skis in his life, but he was willing to give it a try.  We all got our swim suits out and my dad found an old pair of swim trunks in the back of the dresser drawer.  My mom took one look at them and said, "John, those are thread bare and look just terrible.  Let's go get you a new pair of trunks".  My dad was too cheap and insisted that they would be just fine.

We got to the lake and Dad showed my mother how to operate the boat.  He strapped on the skis and took a turn around the lake.  He was a natural!  Then he went down and my mother came around to pick him up.  He grabbed the handle and signaled for her to take another turn around the lake with him in tow.  It took awhile for him to get up on his feet.  When he finally got his balance, we looked back at him and started pointing and laughing at him.  You see, his swim trunks had shredded from the water pressure and all that was left was the elastic waistband.  When my dad finally looked down, he dropped the lead and, embarrassingly, sank back into the water.  Mom came around to get him and we were all cracking up.  He just said, "Throw me a damned towel" and climbed in the boat. We never let him live it down!

Deleted previous post was a duplicate.... Sorry!

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/19/16 1:21 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

HaHa, just the waistband huh. I wouldn't let him live that down either. LOL

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

Grim_Traveller
on 6/19/16 6:56 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Great story Dawn!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

rocky513
on 6/19/16 7:09 pm - WI

My dad was so funny.  I have a million stories.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Neesie57
on 6/19/16 11:54 am
VSG on 08/04/15

Oh my goodness, there are so many!  I'm so lucky to be able to say that.

What immediately comes to mind is our many camping trips, and camping in San Simeon specifically.  San Simeon is where Hearst Castle is, on the coast of California.  Dad would take us on a long walk through the woods and we would help him get abalone off of the rocks with a tire iron.  Years later, we realized that we were all trespassing, and we were illegally getting those abalone.  He duped up into going, but those abalone were so delicious, it was all worth it.  

He was quite a character and I miss him every day.  Thank goodness he was such a good man that he left behind wonderful memories for all of us.  

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/19/16 1:28 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Oops, trespassing huh. lol. It feels like the good fathers are taken way too soon, & the bad ones just hang around forever. So glad you have good memories of your Dad, I miss mine too., a good man & good memories.

NYMom222
on 6/19/16 12:34 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Sweet memories T! I am not thinking of one...but was recounting to my DIL yesterday about how old school, my Dad was about eating what was put in front of you. I see my Dad in my son... My Dad was an athlete and insanely crazy over playing and watching Tennis... My son is the same way with baseball....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/19/16 1:30 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Why is the Lion King & The Circle of Life ringing in my head right now? LOL Funny how things are passed down from 1 generation to the next.