surgery infos

Carole2739
on 6/18/16 12:42 pm

Hi everyone

My name is Carole and I am interested in the bariatic surgery.

I had the information meeting yesterday in Kingston On, I am know waiting for them to call me back for another meeting but this time one on one.

I do have a question thought.

I know that after the surgery we need to drink water but what else?

I also want some feedbacks from you guys, do you regretted the surgery.

Thanks to answer my questions.

Have a good day all.

Carole

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/18/16 2:38 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Look for a copy of "Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies." It gives a great overview of what life is like post-op.

The only thing I regret about surgery is that I didn't do it sooner.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Han Shot First
on 6/18/16 3:54 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

This is my only regret as well.  I started looking into things back in 2008, and chickened out.  This is one of the best decisions of my life.

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Kelly L.
on 6/18/16 2:47 pm

Congrats on wanting to take your health into your own hands and doing your research on WLS.   You will have to decide with your Dr which WLS you want.   I had the VSG, and I have never regretted it at all.   I just wish I had done it sooner.   All drs are different and so are post op eating plans, but a lot of us increase protein, decrease carbs, and drink lots of water.

rocky513
on 6/18/16 2:51 pm - WI

Welcome, Carole!  

There is a search function on this site.  Go to the top of the page.  In the blue bar you will see a little magnifying glass.  Click on it and you can search any question you might have.  There will be hundreds of threads you can read through to get your questions answered.  

Best wishes on your weight loss surgery journey!  It was the best thing I've ever done for myself!

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Vicki PNW
on 6/18/16 3:43 pm

I know that after the surgery we need to drink water but what else?

I drank water in the recovery room after surgery.  I was on clear liquids the first night of the surgery but was on full liquids the next day.  I was encouraged to drink as much fluids as possible at the hospital. The hospital NP cleared me to eat soft foods the day I left the hospital 5 days after surgery.

I also want some feedbacks from you guys, do you regretted the surgery.

No regrets at all!

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Carole2739
on 6/19/16 12:32 pm

Thanks Vicki for your feedback,

it just that I am not a water drinker so, I was wondering what can I drink instead of water, but I think that I won't have choice to drink water all the time.

peachpie
on 6/18/16 4:25 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Well you should be drinking water before surgery... Your body need it more than anything. What else... Protein , vitamins and exercise are the other focuses post op.

only regret I have is letting my life get to such a state that I needed to have surgery. I think I picked the right time in my life to have surgery-- doing it any earlier than  when I did-- I know I wouldn't have been prepared for the lifelong changes. 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Carole2739
on 6/19/16 12:33 pm

Thanks peachpie for your feedback,

it just that I am not a water drinker so, I was wondering what can I drink instead of water, but I think that I won't have choice to drink water all the time.

Carole2739
on 6/19/16 12:34 pm

Thanks everyone for your feedbacks,

Carole