Thursday *****fest - 6/16/16

SkinnyScientist
on 6/16/16 11:21 am

I think that is a brillant idea, especially if the community is small enough where people know and trust each other.

I looked at boarding my cats...doing one was crazy and THREE even more nutty!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/16/16 12:17 pm

I can hire someone to check on them once a day for $15 per day.  My friend - she checks on them daily or a couple of times a day ...and she plays with them and they know her... I think they are much better being home and it's much better for my pocketbook to have someone taking care of them.  She does not NEED the money, but i woudl have to pay someone anyway and i think it is fair... I always tell her to spend taht on her self or grandbabies...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

supershopper
on 6/16/16 12:27 pm

We have a dog sitter and we have to pay $80 a day for our 4 pups. It is soooo expensive.

Luckily my niece just graduated HS and starting college. we will have her dog (house) sit from now on if she can swing it.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Ladytazz
on 6/19/16 1:40 am

There is something I want to ***** about.  I have great neighbors, they really look out for me and I try to help them out as much as I can, too.

They are always borrowing money from me (they do pay it back) and food and everything else.

When I was in the hospital they looked after my critters and I paid them, no problem.

Well, I have let them use my internet for free now and that bugs me because she started out asking by saying they would chip in but of course no chips.

I pay nearly $100 a month for super high speed and they are enjoying it for free.  They did that before and I changed the password on them but I am not good at saying no when they asked again.

Well, I am going to visit my kid for a few days and they will be looking after the animals and I don't want to pay them because they are enjoying my wifi for free but I don't know how to approach that without looking like a *****  It's like when they asked to use my car and said they would give me gas money and of course didn't.  I was going to tell her not to give me the money because they were watching the animals but I didn't even get the chance because they never offered me money.

I HATE asking for something back that I have loaned.  So now I am resentful that they are using my internet and I'm afraid to tell them I'm not paying them because of that, in a nicer way of course.  I could do the passive aggressive thing and change the password again but I need to stop being a chicken.

I feel like a cheap ass because it doesn't cost me any more to let them use it but still I sacrifice to pay that bill and they get it gratis.  

So, when I get back I'm going to thank them for watching the animals and not saying anything about paying them and if they ask I will say something like "Oh, I thought you were doing it in exchange for using my internet".

I know that doesn't sound like a big deal but I hate confrontations and conflict and I wind up letting myself be walked on rather than have one.  It isn't so bad with others but I have to live next door to them and I don't want to have to deal with that on a daily basis.  So I eat dirt and do things to keep the peace and then get resentful that I do it.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/19/16 5:35 am

Can you get the a small gift? A token really? A plant? Or a card that say "thank you" ? 

My neighbour told me that I don't need to pay her - but I don't do ANYTHING for her -them. So I feel right to pay her. 

You can play their game "if they ask for payment - tell them you give them later... Avoid confrontation... Or ..I am broke this month...can I give it to you later?" and "fogert..." and if they insist you pay them... Pay them and...imidiately change the password. ...they should GET IT...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Ladytazz
on 6/20/16 12:13 am

That is a good idea although I think free high speed internet is a pretty nice token, lol.

I don't think they will ask for payment, they probably will expect it since I have always paid them in the past.  I still am not sure how I am going to handle it.  I'm going to play it by ear.

I should just put on my big girl panties and lay it out "I'm letting you use my expensive internet so I figured you wouldn't mind feeding my animals while I was gone".  Why does that feel so scary just thinking about it?

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/16/16 9:19 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Darn! I've been doing some ot at work too so I can buy/pay off stuff. You're in Texas right?, ever play the I'm a tourist game? I've had plenty of staycations, just pretend you're visiting & go to all the places Texas is known for, If other tourists ask where you're staying just say Chateau (insert made up funny name) then go home! So fun watching other people enjoy what I see on a regular basis. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

NHPOD9
on 6/16/16 2:28 pm

There are a few educational companies that hire tutors even during the summer. I worked for Pearson's Smarthinking as a writing tutor for awhile. You set your own hours, so if I say I'll work 2 hours on Tuesday, I could do them whenever it was convenient. Just a thought...

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

wiccandove
on 6/18/16 10:20 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/06/16

Check your local library  - often they have free passes to museums and zoos :)

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/16/16 9:31 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I'm so tired of people talking during the movie. I went to see The Conjuring 2 the other day & these kids just kept talking about how scary the movie was or whatever & I'm like you got all damn day to talk, can you just shut up for awhile?

There wasn't even that many people in the theater. Now I'm gonna go back & see it the way I wanted to see it. Well at least I got to sit in leather seats, expensive ass tickets though just for the privilege. Which brings me to my next gripe, why can't movie theater put in big bold letters next to the time of their shows that certain shows cost more money, at least let me know b4 I leave the house that 1 show or another is more money. I would've gone to the cheaper show if I knew which show was cheaper! 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/