5 Day Meat Reset Worked For Me

Mary Gee
on 6/15/16 4:05 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

I've been struggling with the devious Carb Monster. I've been struggling lately with some personal issues, and was off program for several months.  During those months, I let the carbs get the better of me.  I did not go crazy, but definitely off program frequently.  I gained 10 pounds, and tried many times to get back on track, but only succeeded for a day or two before I fell off track again.

I've been reading about the Five Day Meat Test and decided to give it a try.  I made it through the test, and am still on track.  It has been eight days - longer than I've managed to stay on track for months.  I thought about the "Five Day Pouch Test" which involves going back to protein drinks, pureed foods, etc.  It didn't appeal to me.  I did not want to be hungry, and I wasn't.  I feel very positive and I haven't touched a Carb.  I'm back within my Carb and calorie goals, and drinking lots of water, meeting that goal also.

I think if you're trying to get back on track you should try the Five Day Meat Test.  Can't link it, maybe someone else can.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/15/16 4:12 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

There are not enough high-fives in the world for you, Mary! You're amazing! :-D

Link: http://fivedaymeattest.wordpress.com

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Mary Gee
on 6/15/16 7:11 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Aaawwww shucks, Julie.  Thanks. 

Boxerlover3452
on 6/15/16 4:28 pm
RNY on 06/06/16

What exactly is the Five Day Meat Test?

Congratulations on getting back on track.  I'm 9 days post op and can't wait till I can have veggies!  LOL (and meat)

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/15/16 5:11 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Here ya go! https://fivedaymeattest.wordpress.com/

Julie created the site, it has helped me also. I keep it as a separate window tab whenever my carb monster starts to rattle his chains. LOL

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Kelly L.
on 6/15/16 5:11 pm

Congrats, it's awesome that it's working for you!   I am back to basics too, and doing great.   I have no hunger now that I am not eating a lot of carbs.   Lets keep it going now and get to goal!

Mary Gee
on 6/15/16 7:13 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

That's great Kelly.  Let's rock!

SkinnyScientist
on 6/16/16 4:27 am

Mary!  This is wonderful to hear!  Congrats on fighting "the demon".

I too struggle with carbs (even the good ones). It is difficult to tell myself pureed bananana, pineapples and oranges are ok when running but not so ok when being sedentary (or 3-4 times a day as a healthy snack...healthy for me is cucumbers..red pepper...).

Congrats of an excellent battle won!!  Thank you for posting how helpful it was...

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Theduffman27
on 6/16/16 8:12 am
VSG on 11/19/14

I agree SS, I have a hard time adding carbs when working out or running. Such a difficult balance at times. I am working against myself at times, but just fear the carbs so much.

SkinnyScientist
on 6/16/16 8:30 am

The thing is...I get a taste for them.

And then I have to fight with myself. "Why is it ok to have dates when you are running 12 miles but not today?" asks greed whiney SS. "Because you were running 12 miles that day! Duh"-skinny retorts back.

So..I cant keep too much of them around.

:)

Thanks for letting me know that I am not alone in this taught balancing act!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !