"When are you going to stop losing weight?"

MsMBryant
on 6/13/16 10:04 am
VSG on 04/06/16

You look amazing!  I find people that are most happiest for you, will encourage your success and those that are jealous of your new lifestyle and determination ask stupid questions.  Whatever you decide to do is your business and if it makes you happy anyone else should love it.  You are healthier, active and motivated.

Best of luck to you on your journey, keep up the good work!

Smile_and_nod
on 6/13/16 9:59 pm
VSG on 01/18/16

Thank you! You are so right. It is my business and mine alone. 

Heather P.
on 6/13/16 10:07 am

You look amazing!  People seem to not know what to say to us.  I haven't had any comments like that yet, since I still have A LOT of weight to lose, but people have said some things that made me uncomfortable.  I just shrug it off, for now.  

Ht 5'7" HW 406, SW 361

RNY 3/28/16

Smile_and_nod
on 6/13/16 6:51 pm
VSG on 01/18/16

Im sure they will come! Not in a bad way it just means people are starting to notice. It honestly took about 2-3 months for people to notice and then it was like "bam!" my body changed drastically. 

supershopper
on 6/13/16 10:26 am

I've been getting more comments lately.

I'm 30 pounds from goal (at 165 now). I've already surpassed my Dr's goal but I'm only 6 months out and I'm NOT DONE.

I'm not letting these comments not bother me.

Someone I haven't seen since last year (a stranger) asked if I had been ill. I was like, no I'm just losing weight to be healthier.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Smile_and_nod
on 6/13/16 6:52 pm
VSG on 01/18/16

I don't understand this concept that people have of "if your loosing weight you must be sick". I was "sick" when I was over weight and now I am making choices to change it. 

Steph Meat Hag
on 6/13/16 12:36 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

I like humor and sarcasm so maybe if I was feeling right just I might ask when they planned to stop GAINING weight.  But I can be that way sometimes.  Also asking "why you so jelly" might get their goat as well.  

I didn't get close to goal my first time around but when I was loosing people were being supportive and what not.  But their questions while often helpful and supportive in nature kinda grated on my nerves.  But then there were those jelly people who kept saying well if I was willing to get WLS I guess it'd be easy.  That really ticked me off.

So this time around I said.. NO more I'm not tell anyone.  A few close work friends know I had a revision from my lapband.  That I had to have it taken out which would be a big deal leaving me with far less stomach than they'd have.  Oddly enough leading people to a this is not a choice, not a WLS, and not fun option has kept everyone quiet and they've only asked about things like are you feeling better, how are things going, and such.  No weight loss comments, no one wants to know how much weight I've lost, no one has asked about any of the slightly rude things we all know they ask about.  Not that you can go back and tell them it was a surgery to repair something rather than a life saving WLS but for someone reading this that hasn't told anyone.  Saying it was a stomach related surgery makes people act differently.

Why do people care?  I think they are jelly.  They want to loose weight but don't want to skill the quarter pounder with cheese, fries, and a coke at lunch and that cake at the work party, forget about it have 2 pieces.  But they see you not having those things, and doing so good and I think it makes um mad.  They know for the most part it's on them for being whatever weight that's not making them happy, and they also know if they think for more than a hot min it has little to do with your WLS and it's really the choices they are making.  

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Smile_and_nod
on 6/13/16 10:11 pm
VSG on 01/18/16

Thank you. You make some good points. Ive notice my co-workers that make the not so nice comments are the same ones that keep offering me food or asking me if I am going to have the cake in the break room. I don't order out any more but they will repeatedly as me if I am going to order with them. Then sometimes after refusing they respond with things like "Oh thats right".... I was keeping it a secrete at first and told a few people and it quickly was no longer a secrete anymore. I don't mind thought. 

Boxerlover3452
on 6/14/16 4:31 am
RNY on 06/06/16

I think you nailed it.  "They want to loose weight but don't want to skill the quarter pounder with cheese, fried and a coke at lunch and that cake at the work party, forget about it have 2 pieces"

(deactivated member)
on 6/14/16 6:47 am

I love eating salads I grow myself..heirloom organic  tomato sauces I can and then eat all year .. fresh fruit from our organic orchards .

Yes i still hav a " jelly " butt and my ( way ) younger totally hott boyfriend LOVES it ...the way it bounces lol :)

so whats not to love  ? be HEALTHY ... healthy's SO SEXY