"When are you going to stop losing weight?"

Smile_and_nod
on 6/13/16 6:40 pm
VSG on 01/18/16

Hehehe I love it! I do feel so much healthier now. I did feel like I was "wasting away" as I developed more and more complications from my weight.  

Neesie57
on 6/14/16 8:13 am
VSG on 08/04/15

Rewarding myself with new clothes is my favorite way of expressing my "new me".

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Ladytazz
on 6/13/16 12:13 am

A lot of people who have had WLS get comments about losing too much, getting too thin, etc.  Even people who are still in the overweight range get comments.  A lot of us lose from the top down, meaning that by the time my thighs started to trim down my face already looked like it was living in a concentration camp.

Don't let anyone other then your doctor tell you when you need to stop.  Many of us found that going a bit under goal helped when bounce back came.  If we are lucky we bounce right back to our ideal weight.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

(deactivated member)
on 6/14/16 6:51 am

Thats how the body loses weight... first around  the heart ( apple shapes have an advantage .. but they can't keep it off.. they eat a sndawich might as well apply it  )  

The legs the thighs the extremities are the last 2 lose  sorry   You ARE totally NORMAL   thats the good news :)

White Dove
on 6/13/16 2:12 am - Warren, OH

My answer was:

"My surgeon advises going 10, 20 or even 30 pounds under my goal weight during the period after surgery when weight loss is easy. Surgery involves a bounce-back period where people often gain about 20 pounds.  I am preparing for that."

In my case I got to 128 at 5'2".  When the bounce-back happened I hit 142.  It was amazingly difficult to get back to and maintain 136.  Not only is weight very easy to gain after the third year, but it is difficult to get back off.

Take full advantage of your honeymoon period.  I looked way too skinny for about a year, but everything filled back in again.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Smile_and_nod
on 6/13/16 3:05 am
VSG on 01/18/16

I wonder what makes it more difficult for some to re-lose the weight. I'm finding for me already if I don't exercise I stop loosing. However, with exercise I can lose 3 lbs a week even if I'm eating more for the increased calories expenditure. 

White Dove
on 6/13/16 7:58 am - Warren, OH

The body will get to a point where it wants to put back the lost weight.  The metabolism slows down and you have to eat less to maintain.  Right now the exercise is kicking your metabolism back into gear.  As time went on for me, it took more exercise and less calories to stay at the same number on the scale.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Smile_and_nod
on 6/13/16 6:42 pm
VSG on 01/18/16

Thanks for responding. That is one of my biggest fears. But statistically even if gain weight back it seems to only be about 15-20% of what my pre surgery weight was..... which I think I would be ok with. Its not ideal but as long as I never go back to my pre surgery weight I will be happy. 

(deactivated member)
on 6/14/16 6:52 am

Try sex !  it really does burn calories and work :0

Smile_and_nod
on 6/14/16 6:54 am
VSG on 01/18/16

I like that answer and I think my fiance would too (-: