I'm leavin' on a jet plane!

SKmammabear
on 6/10/16 1:33 pm

VACATION TIME!   Finally!  Every couple of years I get to go on vacation with a bunch of ladies from all around the United States and Canada and this year is no different.  I leave tonight right after my 12 hour shift and take the red-eye to South Carolina then get onto a cruise ship next week for 5-days to the Bahamas!  Now, keep in mind that I have been really no where, seen nothing.  So for me to be able to do something like this with a bunch of girlfriends, is totally amazing!  There should be 13-14 of us going this year.  I'm nervous about going thru security with all my stuff.  I'm taking snacks and 2-bags of protein mix.  I'm thinking of leaving one of those bags behind to save on space in the luggage.  I was taking a tub of Advocare Spark too, but second guessing myself on that too...  hmmm...

So...  went to my surgeons office for my checkup and she said I'm doing amazing.  She's really impressed with my labs and talked to me about a tummy tuck.  I have scheduled my consult for that for next month.  I had a hernia just after surgery from getting up too quickly from the toilet and falling forward that I was hoping we could use to help pay for the anesthesia and operating room/hospital stay.  When talking to her about it this time, she said she can't find it now and that my "abs are amazing!  I can feel the separation, but can't feel the hernia any  more.  You may have fixed your own hernia"  I do a lot of kickboxing now so we work on our abs a lot.  They checked my insurance and it will pay for a tummy tuck, but I have to prove medical necessity.   I have had a lot of back pain throughout my obesity and a few weeks ago, my back went out totally and I wasn't able to kickbox during that time. I have a hard time trying to work out because the tummy gets in the way, and when I'm trying to do a side plank, even when my hip is off the floor, my side saddles still hit the floor.  The Dr said some of that could be taken care of by the way they do the surgery.  I asked about liposuction on the thighs and she informed me she didn't think there was really anything left in there to suck out...  It's all skin!   I had my PCP and my chiropractor send notes off to the surgeons office to try to help.  I haven't really had much in the way of rashes, so I can't use that.  (Darnit!!)  Once I get all this straightened out, I will look at getting my arms done so I no longer clap while kickboxing and can stop slapping myself in the face with them.  That will be in the future though!  

NSV!  I HATE SHOPPING!  So my hubby drug me into the thrift store and I know the size of pants my sister in law had given me were getting baggy, so I grabbed a couple of pairs of capri pants to take with me on my trip in a size smaller than I had been wearing.  They were cheap, so I figured even if they didn't fit now, they'd probably fit next summer.  I carry most of my saggy skin in my tummy and upper thighs - with the charpei puppy knees.  So...  When getting ready to pack, I tried on one of the pairs and they fit perfect!  I ran out to my hubby to show him and was so excited to see that a size 14 fits!  189 pounds down and can't remember the last time I wore a size 14!  WooHoo!  

Once I get done with my trip, I will concentrate on picking up more extra shifts at work to help cover any surgeries and get moving on the rest of this stuff!  In the mean time, just trying to get thru the day until I can leave and get to the airport!  So exciting!  The Bahamas...  here I come!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/10/16 3:57 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Wonderful news! Cruises are so much fun, I took one about 10 years ago. You're going to have a blast!

Fingers crossed that you have a safe trip!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

SKmammabear
on 6/10/16 7:21 pm

I'M GETTING READY TO LEAVE WORK IN ABOUT 10 MINUTES....  GAAA!!   SO EXCITED!

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 6/11/16 12:23 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

You have a smile that this about to pop off your face.  Have a great time.

Sharon

tjsterch
on 6/10/16 4:22 pm
Revision on 04/18/16

Hope you have an excellent time on your trip! Congratulations on the new size, I bet it felt so great to fit in the 14 - very happy for you

TJSterch 5'7 SW 284 lbs CW 210 lbs

Per month: 1st -24, 2nd -11, 3rd - 9, 4th -  8, 5th - 8, 6th - 4, 7th -2, 8th -7

SKmammabear
on 6/10/16 7:22 pm

It feels AMAZING!  I'm still in disbelief!  Size 14??  AND I'm going on a cruise!