Gold Standard Banana Cream protein powder.

SkinnyScientist
on 6/9/16 6:35 am

So my protein powders came in last night.

I opened my banana cream and mixed with unsweetened vanilla almond milk and a bit of pineapple.

It was good.  I dont think it deserved a 9 on a 1-10 taste scale but it is better than other protein powders I have had of late.

I dont think it was a 9 because it had a SUPER STRONG banana taste. I prefer more mellow flavoring.

But if you have ever had Watkins Banana cream pudding or a watkins banana cream pie...it tastes JSUT LIKE IT.

So I would think of this protein powder as one that stands alone (i.e. a banana cream shake) versus one that aids fruits (i.e. a pina colada protein shake with banana coconut, and pineapple).  

The banana taste wants to be the star...not the accompaniment.

I give it an 8.5. I will make it again tomorrow. But I keep thinking i should make a pudding or something with it.

Protein powder pudding...now there is a thought....

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

swim_bike_smile
on 6/9/16 8:59 am
RNY on 06/13/16

I had to give this powder to my friend because I wasn't a fan of the strong banana taste.  She put it in her oatmeal and loved it.

Solid review.

Right now we have the cookies n cream, extreme milk chocolate, key lime pie, and french vanilla.  Haven't tried any of them yet, but Vitamin Shoppe had a great sale recently so we stocked up.

Have you tried About Time?  I love the birthday cake flavor and I used the cinnamon swirl in 'pumpkin pie' protein shakes.