Question on eggs

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/9/16 9:09 am, edited 6/9/16 3:07 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

You may be right, I don't know. 

It's the responses like this you guys make that just blow my mind. Absolutely no grace... 

Or maybe I'm just hypersensitive. 

I don't think we need to coddle and baby, but that does not mean we cannot at least be respectful to one another...

UPDATED: corrected mine to mind, was on my phone :P

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

SkinnyScientist
on 6/9/16 9:22 am

HI!  

I agree with your statement, in this particular instance. Generally HALA is fair minded...and she is a good resource for numerous things.  So maybe she is having one of those days.

Alternatively, I thinks she assumes I a nutrition scientist or food scientist. I am not. I typically defer to my surgeons NUT for food recommendations.

So...in summary. Some people like to slam others, she typically isnt one of them. A lot of people like to make assumptions about me...their bad.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/9/16 10:04 am

I guess I expect much more from you than I would from people with not much brain... I am simply disappointed that after all those years - you would put things like that.  You should know better... You are smarter than most... I DO expect more from you.... nt that "garbage" 

i expect a lot from people who have ability to understand,  and really research... should I exclude you from that list????   I just hold you to a higher standard...

Sorry... will not do it again...I am sorry I hurt your feelings...  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/9/16 10:08 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

HaiB I dont think there is anything wrong with us helping correct eachother when we post stuff that is incorrect, at all

I think its a great thing to do and its in everyones best interest

I just wish we could all do it in a way that is supportive of eachother :\ To me it just seemed unnecessarily harsh, thats all

:)

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

SkinnyScientist
on 6/9/16 11:19 am

The issue is: you can not simply say "Egg whites are better than eggs with yolks". It depends on the situation and what one is trying to achieve.

For example: if calories were STRICTLY my criteria (and generally calorie count is THE BIGGEST FACTOR FOR PEOPLE LOSING WEIGHT) egg whites would be a better choice.

If vitamins/minerals/proteins are the defining criteria, then eggs with yolks are "better" as you pointed out.

For myself-I like egg white scrambles with lots of peppers and onions in them (i.e. I am putting in minerals). I worry about calories and minerals and that is my "happy medium".

What about a person with cholestrol issues?  For them, cholestrol is the defining criteria. They might consider egg whites a good choice. [Note: Groomy's cholestrol went into the normal range eating real eggs, real butter and real cheese.  Basically he got off of high glycemic sugars and started eating real, and "unprocessed" foods).

So what is best...that depends.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/9/16 10:10 am, edited 6/9/16 3:26 am

PS: I know that I do have a weird sense of humor.. no?

Plus I have high degrees in engineering.MofS Engineering physics is one of them. That taught me to read and research. Lots of research... In many fields...

Natural remedies - nutrition is my "third" or 4th degree I am working on (depends how you count them) I am working on it... while running a successful company... 

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

SkinnyScientist
on 6/9/16 11:33 am

Is this directed to me?

If so, I do not know about your sense of humor. Such emotions can get lost in the written medium. Which is why I use the winky and smiley faces.

Regarding your degrees, I have not called you uneducated. I said that you are a good resource for many things.  I find your help to others regarding SIBO remarkable. You have been talking about it for at least a year or more and NOW I am just starting to see articles mentioning SIBO and WLS patients coming to the forefront.

As for me-I am a scientist but I am no longer at the bench-I am a bureucrat [sic].  So the fact, I raised your ire...just another of many incidences in the day of my life.... If I am not being whipped by Politicians/the public for being "stupid" and/or lazy, I am upsetting lobbiest/lawyers/others...and if they are happy with me..well, I can always raise the ire on someone on OH.

So my ability to disappoint certainly never goes unhindered!  IN that case, I am remarkable everyday! [And that is my sense of humor] :)

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/9/16 11:43 am

Got it. You are not a scientist. You are a bureaucrat.   

SkinnyScientist
on 6/9/16 11:55 am

The issue is: you can not simply say "Egg whites are better than eggs with yolks". It depends on the situation and what one is trying to achieve.

For example: if calories were STRICTLY my criteria (and generally calorie count is THE BIGGEST FACTOR FOR PEOPLE LOSING WEIGHT) egg whites would be a better choice.

If vitamins/minerals/proteins are the defining criteria, then eggs with yolks are "better" as you pointed out.

For myself-I like egg white scrambles with lots of peppers and onions in them (i.e. I am putting in minerals). I worry about calories and minerals and that is my "happy medium".

What about a person with cholestrol issues?  For them, cholestrol is the defining criteria. They might consider egg whites a good choice. [Note: Groomy's cholestrol went into the normal range eating real eggs, real butter and real cheese.  Basically he got off of high glycemic sugars and started eating real, and "unprocessed" foods).

So what is best...that depends.

April Parker
on 6/9/16 11:07 am - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

Skinny was just saying what her NUT said, no need to bash her :(

HW- 283    SW- 264     GW- 130