Homeade sf popsicles?

April Parker
on 6/9/16 1:36 am - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

So I forgot to pick up the sf popsicles at Walmart and I just realized I have koolaid and stevia. Or sucralose. I bought those lil popsicle trays, but how would you know how many calories and carbs and such are in them? I can measure the liquid that makes one popsicle but what about the koolaid? How do you know how much of that is going into one popsicle?

This may be the stupidest question ever. But it's late and I cant sleep for thinking weight loss stuff... Lol

HW- 283    SW- 264     GW- 130

White Dove
on 6/9/16 1:47 am - Warren, OH

It might be zero calories, but it will be on the package somewhere. They used to show calories with and without sugar.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/9/16 5:16 am, edited 6/8/16 10:17 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

what white dove said. 

I'm not an expert, but I believe if you make it all up, then pour into your molds and divide whatever the total calories/sugars/etc are by the number of popsicles that would be your nutrient number

Didnt know Walmart sells the sugar free ones? I checked my publix grocery store and they dont have the SF, so I ordered online from Amazon for like $16 a box of 12 :

Will have to check that out!

Edit: btw, I think this is a freakin great idea, and the thought had never occurred to me to make my own! I am going to look into doing that :D (see vets? i dont know it all :P AND I just learned something from a preop newbie!)

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

April Parker
on 6/9/16 10:37 am - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

Yeah they are in a bag, well the ones I get. They are the twin pops with two sticks. (Sf and regular, be sure to check!) They have others that are singles and those might be better post op. However I like the twin pops flavors so much more ill just break them apart and wrap the other half back up and stick it back in the freezer. I believe the brand name is Budget Saver. 

I cant wait to make my own though! I gotta go back to the store though, the koolaid I have is not sugar free. :(

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/9/16 10:44 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

What part of store are they in? I'd have no idea where to look in walmart 

April Parker
on 6/9/16 10:52 am - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

Its in the freezer section, beside the regular ice cream (with the other novelty stuff. (It says novelties in our walmart but idk about Florida?) But it's with all the other popsicles and it's usually close to the bottom shelf in the freezer due to it being a bag :) ( Or you could get the boxed ones, single stick, different brands)

It really sucks you paid that much for 12 .. The Budget Saver brand is like 3 bucks at most for me lol

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/9/16 10:57 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Ah cool, the ones ive always seen are room temp and liquid still :P

And yes, it does suck! My wife had friends over for The Bachelorette and they all wanted my popsicles. :( :(

April Parker
on 6/9/16 11:19 am - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

And I never really liked the ones they sold unfrozen. There were two different kinds, one was the  kind you cut in half, tube shaped. The other was what we all called "icees" and you pull them apart, cut the top off the wrapper and ate it that way. 

I think I'm just picky. Lol

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/9/16 6:10 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Sugar-free Kool Aid has 5 calories and 0 carbs for an 8oz serving. A popsicle has maybe 4oz (half a cup) of liquid, so you can calculate .5 of a serving, so 2.5 calories and 0 carbs.

MyFitnessPal will let you calculate fractions of recipes, that's a good way to do it.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

April Parker
on 6/9/16 10:41 am - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

Thanks Julie, don't you just love MFP... they make things easy! It never occurred to me to put it in there to figure calories!