REALLY CONFUSED

supershopper
on 6/8/16 12:22 pm

I'm not a vet, but 10% of your weight a month is a lot?? If you check mine and others stats you will see that they are not losing 20+ pounds a month.

My stats are below- I did also lose 53 pounds before surgery.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/8/16 12:22 pm

from what I see on OH and other places - people who had revision lose slower. I think 10% in first month post op - maybe be realistic - but 2nd and 3rd.. probably not...

some people can lose fats - others- slow and steady.  

if you are taking 500-700 calories a day with 70-80 gr of proteins - you will be losing weight (unless yu are really really "short" person)

It make take you longer - the body become resistant losing... 

I had some regain - 23 lbs.. the first 16 lbs I lost in less than 5 months ..now the other 7.. took me over a year to get rid of..  I would lose 2 lbs - gain 2 bs... lose 3.. gain 2... etc... 

I don't think your NUT is realistic and deals with a lot of revisions... 

I am at goal now - but I have up to 5 lbs weight fluctuation...every single week... 

the more i eat - the more BM there is .. water - one chinese dinner - will  set me up by 5 lb overnight....

sometimes adding more food - creates more "waste" and once that clear out - the extra is gone. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Ashley in Belgium
on 6/8/16 1:02 pm - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

I am a revision  - LapBand to RNY and was told to expect a bit slower weightloss rate than a newbie.  I don't know how tall you are or how much you hope to lose but I will say that for some this is a slower process the others but we all get where we want to be at the end.  You may only lose a few pounds a month, but lose into the third year consistently.  Some may lose it all in 6 months.  You may be losing inches and not pounds as your body adjusts.  There are no hard a fast rules aside from the obvious.  Eat high, dense protein first, drink more fluids than you can imagine and stay on plan.  

This isn't a race, it really is a journey and it is different for everyone.  I would recommend patience and diligence.  Track your calories and protein so you know exactly what you are eating so you can adjust as needed.  Good luck - stay the course.  

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Grim_Traveller
on 6/8/16 3:22 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

I was a LOT bigger than you, and never lost 28 pounds in one month. That's just unrealistic for the vast majority of pepple. And it's very rare that anyone will lose the same or more in subsequent months.

Now that you are on MFP, weigh every bite you eat, and log it religiously. If you are doing your part, you will do great over time. But from one week to the next it can be a rollercoaster.

Fruit is sugar. You'd lose better if you just don't touch it until you have lost everything you want to lose.

Everything you put in your mouth at this point should be high protein. If it isn't, you don't need those calories.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

tjsterch
on 6/8/16 8:29 pm
Revision on 04/18/16

Good group meeting, possible answers of slow down. I have only been eating about 40 to 50 grams of protein per day. My PA had increased my protein to 70 to 80, when I did increase my intake that high I started gaining weight. An RN runs our group, along with people who have had the surgery. A few things were recommended, one this isn't a race. Two increase my protein by shake or adding powder. That as long as I continue to lose weight, it is ok. Everyone is different. And keep seeking support from groups for continued success

TJSterch 5'7 SW 284 lbs CW 210 lbs

Per month: 1st -24, 2nd -11, 3rd - 9, 4th -  8, 5th - 8, 6th - 4, 7th -2, 8th -7

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/16 4:50 am

Yes!  Get that protein up there and take out all the other stuff.  Maybe experiment with protein shake recipes?  I use www.dashingdish.com as a resource for that...don't be afraid to go over the grams you have listed as well; you said you were exercising 6 days a week...it's ok!  I have also heard that people who have revisions lose the weight slowly but it sounds like you are on track to me...remember your body has to settle in, too.  I also workout and I go through phases where my body doesn't lose weight but I lose inches.  Do you measurements so you can keep track of them, too.  Any noticeable signs of having more energy, being able to do things you couldn't do before, the way your clothes fit, making gains at the gym...things like that are signs that you are doing well, too.  Good luck!!!