Beginning to doubt...

sweetiemimi318
on 6/6/16 4:08 pm - Irving, TX
RNY on 08/22/16

I am beginning to question my doctors office.  They are beginning to make me start searching for another doctor. I completed everything on the 26th of May. I was told that everything would be submitted on the 31st. I called on Wednesday and she said she would submit it that day or Thursday because she had to take a class. Friday came I called insurance and they said they haven't received  a call or any paperwork from my doctors office.  Okay so I called the doctors office oh I am gonna submit it today for sure .  Today came and called insurance  and they still haven't received anything and doctors office hasn't answered phone or returned calls .  I been trying not to get irritated but I would hope they would be considerate enough and professional enough to let me know what's going on or at least be honest .  I was excited about this journey but they make me want to back out. Anyone else experience this? I seriously don't know what to do :-(

NYMom222
on 6/6/16 5:53 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Take a deep breath... you are anxious to get it all submitted, to them it is all in a days work. Don't call for a few days. see what happens... then if they haven't submitted and you still feel the same way... move forward.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

White Dove
on 6/6/16 7:13 pm - Warren, OH

For some people, reminders just make them think about it for a minute and then forget it.  You have to stop reminding them and then they take responsibility an get it done.  I would give the office a few more days and if the paperwork has not been submitted then I would ask to speak to the doctor directly.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

pammieanne
on 6/6/16 7:35 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I went through similar frustrations. And as much as I can't believe I'm going to say this, Hang in There! If you switch up doctors now, they may have different requirements, it might actually put you even further back. 

Give them another week. Be kind and patient when you call, but do call. And then if nothing gets submitted, show up in person and ask them if there's something they are missing from you that might have put everything this far behind.

No backing out! This part is the worst, honestly! LOL

This too shall pass, and believe it or not, it'll be a minor bump in the road in a couple of months :)

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

RNY on 12/22/14

I would wait until Thursday, but when I called, I would be helpful, not irritated.  it sounds as though there maybe a small hitch that they think they can work out. 

ie- I know this is a complicated process and I appreciate everybody's help.  If something came up at the last minute and I need to do something else, just let me know.  Is there a problem that I can help with (they might be trying to replace something that got lost or another req was imposed, or the PCP did not supply everything needed.)  

PS - The Mem Day Holiday was in there, so the dr office and the ins co may be a few days behind. 

Sharon

sweetiemimi318
on 6/7/16 5:22 pm, edited 6/7/16 10:22 am - Irving, TX
RNY on 08/22/16

thanks for the replies guys. It wouldn't be so bad if they just tell me something. They say they will submit to insurance and never do and they never call to say something came up or something went wrong. I got her on the phone this morning and I laughed with her and asked her what was going on. She said the hospital caught fire yesterday and a transformer was blown but everything was fine now and she would submit everything and call me this afternoon. As usual no call and nothing was submitted to insurance today. Thats the only reason I am bugging. Seems like I am getting the runaround or they don't take care of their patients like they should. Idk but trying to hang in there. :-(