Kite flyerboy

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/16 10:00 am

Had a great weekend with the "fam" at the festival of colors at Ocean shores. It was 90 yesterday and today. The water was still cold as **** all though.

These kites over my shoulder are the size of a school bus. They numbered in the 300's at about 4:30. We camped over night, my first time with my family ever! They've been with Grandma, but I was on a C-pap for 20 years ****il last month!) It was a great night's sleep. The four of us all in our 4 person tent. We have 2 tent's, but the kids prefer to still sleep with the "parental units". So, 4 of us, a stupid awkward pitbull all slept and listened to the pounding surf all night.

My boy and I stayed up talking until midnight. Talking about life and school, curveballs and Grandpa Em. Mesmerized by the fire, listening to the loud, funny ass drunk party going on a few sites over. This guy had his kite so high, and was dive bombing the loud people. My daughter and son, rode horses up the beach with a riding party of 20 horses. Under the kites. A deer wandered into our campsite, It Was COOL! 

Best day I have had in a very long time. I ate a piece of bread!!!!! And 3 grapes!!!!

pammieanne
on 6/5/16 11:21 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

That looks like such a great time! I grew up in Houston, so I always had the beach less than an hour away... Being land locked is not so much fun. Those kites are huge!

We are spending the weekend doing great fun things... Like mowing 2 acres, weed eating, planting 3 trees that were on sale at Home Depot and I thought it was a good idea (Didn't think about the whole planting side! LOL). Yesterday I did an open house for a really nice neighborhood... Hoping for at least a couple of clients out of it... Only 2 couples came in the whole day.... 

But it's all good. I'm getting a bit of a tan, and I did get to use the zero turn mower while the hubs did all the weed eating. I am loved after all :)

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/16 11:51 am

It was awesome. I am so happy now that I don't feel eyes on me for my weight anymore. It was cool that the weight limit for horse riding was 225. It was an option for me, that is a new thing for sure.

we walked for miles up that beach, looking at every single one. Sunset was incredible. We all just got quiet and watched it with all of the other campers. Everyone just stopped and looked at it at the same time. 

Now back at home, back to business. I somehow managed to lose 3 pounds last week. It is a challenge. The long timers here were right. It does get harder in maintenance. I feel many more impulses to eat now than even a few weeks ago. It is such a blessing though. My family life is a million times better now that we're going out way more now. It has brought us closer than before. And we've always been close.

Have a wonderful day.

k9ophile
on 6/5/16 2:00 pm

Ain't life grand when you're not tied to a CPAP machine?

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/16 3:31 pm

I never imagined I would put that thing away for good. I'm on my 7th machine. All of the possibilities now!

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/5/16 3:13 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Sounds like an awesome time man! Thank God for WLS right?! And kites! 

Love to go to the beach here and fly kites with my wife. Theres normally little kids captivated by them so we go over and let them fly them for a bit

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/5/16 3:16 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

One of my favorite photos of me, love the way my traps look

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/16 3:28 pm

Look's great! Be ready for the weirdest feeling as your weight drops. It's a feeling of loss, you're not bigger than everybody else anymore. I am just getting used to not being the biggest guy in the room.It's funny.

I always talk to big people when I'm out. I'll always feel like a big person I think. That's okay.

I'm happy for you Chris. You seem very happy. It's great that you're posting about your journey in real time. It will benefit many in the future.

RNY on 12/22/14

IS that really YOU!!  You have a waist.

Sharon

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/16 4:58 am

Hi.