Airline Passenger Made to Leave After Passenger Complains About Size

Steph Meat Hag
on 6/6/16 1:59 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Sounds like this is an issue which would have been identified at the check in desk or at the boarding gate, why woud you let someone on a plane that could not fit in the seat correctly?  I thought larger people were supposed to buy two seats and thus this would not have been an issue.  There is no need for this sort of embarrassment from two sides, one the person should have got a second seat, and two the airline needs to pay attention and step people to the side BEFORE boarding the plane to make arrangements.  

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/6/16 4:16 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

When I knew I was too large to sit in an airplane seat without encroaching on an adjacent seat, I always bought two tickets.  I cannot blame someone who doesn't want to sit next to someone whose body overflows into their seat for five hours in a coach seat.

It's unfair, it's ugly, but it's reality.  I have compassion for those of us who have to travel when we're morbidly obese, but I don't expect the world or another passenger to suffer because of the state of our bodies.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/16 3:24 pm, edited 6/8/16 8:25 am

I just flew to Vegas for business and had a very tall and somewhat stocky midwestern ex football player ask to share my exit row ( read extra legroom)  seats with me from a few rows away. 

Of course I permitted the airline staff to move him  and he proved to be  a fascinating travel companion .

None of us should feel ashamed of  our size nor have to pay anything extra to travel... thats just how I feel.  God made people all different shapes sizes and types of beauty for a reason. 

Discriminate against me and I will make you pay ... that's why I'm going to law school