Test

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/16 12:41 pm
Revision on 07/05/16

I was told that my new bariatric surgeon will do my fistula repair and revision surgery after I had quit smoking. I would need to do 3 urine nicotine tests to prove so.

It was SO hard to quit this time, but I finally have! I was SO happy to call their office this morning and was really looking forward to going to the hospital to give sample number one. I ended up leaving two messages for the nurse who never sent the order over to the hospital for me. She didn't even return my phone calls.

I will just have to try and get this done on Monday. Not a big deal, I am just a little dissapointed, as I was really looking forward to moving forward with all this! 

Megan :)

Deanna798
on 6/3/16 1:24 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

Firstly, a huge congrats on quitting smoking!  I am an ex-smoker and smoked for 23 years.  I tried to quit multiple times and struggled, but finally gave it up for good in 2012.  My motivation at the time was to get pregnant, which I did in 2013, so yay!  I know how hard it is, and how much dedication it takes to stick with it, so kudos to you for pushing through!

It's sometimes so hard to be patient, and I remember chomping at the bit to get everything done for surgery.  Stay strong and good luck!  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/16 1:50 pm
Revision on 07/05/16

Deanna,

Thank you, and congrats to you as well! I really appreciate the words of encouragement. I think I was a little more flustered than I normally would out of the frustration with myself. I had that phone call with the doctors nurse practioner this past March 25th, but couldn't quit long enough to have a clean urine nicotine screen. But better late than never! :)

Megan M. :)

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/3/16 3:07 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Awesome job on quitting!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/16 4:17 pm
Revision on 07/05/16

Thank You! :) cute ani-memes too! Lol :)

Megan