Post WLS Chat Room??

VictoriaRae
on 6/3/16 12:30 pm
VSG on 05/09/16

Is there a Post Op WLS Chat Room anywhere? I am 4 weeks Post op Sleeve and am having some ups and downs in regards to Mourning the Loss of food and other feelings that I would love to connect with others on.   Thanks, Victoria

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/3/16 12:50 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Not here. There used to be many years ago, but apparently it got out of hand and shut down (it was an incredible spot to hang out and talk in when I was around a long time ago)

Its too bad. Now you have to rely on interactions on here

I imagine there are other websites that have that feature, just not this one. 

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Kathy S.
on 6/3/16 12:51 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Victoria,

Welcome to OH!  This is normal to feel the loss of food.  After all, we are losing our best friend.  We just have to remember our best friend was killing us

OH no longer has chat rooms as our community was using it less and less.  May we suggest you reach out to those that had your surgery.  They are great with support and information.  Here is the link to our VSG forum.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/

If you need anything else, let me know. We are here for you  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/16 3:32 pm, edited 6/3/16 8:33 am - CA

Welcome to OH Victoria!   

OH moved away from the chatrooms a long time ago.   For some, the chatroom was overwhelming and people didn't get the answers they needed.  Others used it for a hangout.   The boards are a lot more helpful in the fact you can view multiple questions and interactions at your leisure.   Also, you can find a specific information more easily, since there is a search function at the top of the right hand page, (magnifying glass)  If you are looking for something specific type it in there and it searches the entire website and lets you find what others have said about the issue/situation, etc!    

Good luck and again, welcome!
~Nik

(deactivated member)
on 6/4/16 3:46 pm, edited 6/4/16 8:46 am
Revision on 07/05/16

I remember that there used to be a chat room on here back in 2002/2003, I found it to be very supportive. I noticed it's gone now. Maybe try adding users on here or finding a wls group on facebook, then use the instant messenging app on facebook for a quicker connection?

Keep your head up! There are so many more things to look forward to on this journey. You made a good choice for you!

Megan M. :)

LMyers1020
on 6/9/16 12:44 pm - Alexander City, AL

I miss the chatroom.  It was such a great support and information.  I used it a lot in 09 and 10.   I am sure there were a few people who were jerks and it got shut down. I wi**** would come back though.