RTIC Tumblers - Control your beverage temp!

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/4/16 7:57 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Didn't get snotty at all. Just providing responses, I'm allowed to

interpret what I post however you look. If you think I'm a showboat because I posted a tumbler that keeps liquids hot or cold, well, then I guess I am? 

Y'all can choose to not read my posts when you see them. Or people can continue reading them and making comments that, according to those making and their clique are clearly jabs and judge mental toward me. 

I'm a big boy :) I can handle it and don't mind at all 

I've got a plan to make a "what I found useful for hospital stay" blog post. Once I'm done, I'll be bringing over here first as I know some people are getting close, and I just went thru it

and vets are absolutely welcomed and I encourage them to post their ideas and suggestion on my posts. My way isn't the only way that is right. I also don't and won't know everything, so their input is absolutely valuable :)

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/3/16 8:49 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

One other thing, a lady from my surgery group (surgeon/date) asked how I was getting in water so well yesterday. Told her I would post on my IG and blog for her. Hence, the entry. 

Silly me, I thought maybe other people would be interested.

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/16 9:15 am - CA

It is great you want to share things with the community and it is encouraged.    It helps others along their journey.    With that being said, the woman who asked about how you ge****er in so well, you told her you would post to IG and blog for her.  Why not refer her to OH?  You do post here daily and she can find the info easily.   

It is one of the reasons why OH started the blogging ability, people can share their journey with others and have it readily visible to thousands of people.   Any blog entries, go to the obesityhelp.com main page for viewing.  People can then start to follow those bloggers they want.   You would be surprised at how many views bloggers profiles get on OH vs their own blog at some other url.   

It is entirely up to the individual how they do it, but I did want to share. 

~Nik

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/3/16 9:23 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

I have :) I asked a bunch of people from the patient group if they come here and they all asked me what it is so I told them about it :D 

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/3/16 8:56 am

Plus what he recommends is not really that good ...specially for protein drinks that can leak... Been there... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/3/16 8:32 am

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/3/16 8:37 am, edited 6/3/16 1:39 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

There is a splash proof, but I guess technically it could leak some due to the airvent hole. I havent tried it, but I do have the lid :) 

https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/drinkware/tumblers/Large-RT IC-Tumbler-Splash-Proof-Lid - for 30oz tumbler

https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/drinkware/tumblers/Small-RT IC-Tumbler-Splash-Proof-Lid - for lowball tumbler

Walmart also sells an Ozark brand I think for $10 similar to Yeti/RTIC, too

The ones you posted def wont leak, but I dont have a purse so I wont have that issue, but maybe with a backpack or something?

Do they have a larger size than 18oz? What I like about the 30oz tumbler is I set a goal to have two per day to meet my water minimums 

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/3/16 8:54 am

Not purse but things like lunch bags, coolers, briefcase, etc etc. Even when handling them - dropping one inside a car - and spliiling protein shake on a hot day....nothing worse than stench of baked fermented protein stuff inside the car on a hot day.... ...

Even handling that inside the house... Been there... That's why I don't recommend them.. Not very useful. 

Treandy - yes. Not practical. 

As for large size - I learned that I get bored with one "taste"   and may drink 1/2 ...wasting another half. 

The most practical for me are the 20-24 oz thermos.  Just right... 3 of those... Toss them in a bag.   Once you done - you done... I get more in the morning... 

They also keep handy by the bed... And if in a middle of the night I bump them... I don't need to get up and clean the mess... Just pick them up, drink, close + lock... Toss anywhere... Really.  

Plus it is easier to sneak one to the movies... The huge ones - not so much. 

I take my tumblers shopping... Don't have to worry about spilling in the cart... No special holder needed.. 

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/3/16 8:55 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

True, great points for sure

I def keep protein shakes separate, and I wish I had a nightstand. Only my wife does :(

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/3/16 8:58 am

My cat does not like anything on my night stand...he tolerates the lamp. I keep my drink on the floor - by my bed...  Always...