RTIC Tumblers - Control your beverage temp!

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/3/16 8:16 am, edited 6/3/16 8:33 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Most people are probably aware of that YETI craze going on around the coolers and/or tumblers. They keep your drinks cold (or hot!) for hours, they don't condensate, they're room temperature to the touch, etc... However, they're also SUPER pricey ($40+)!

RTIC Tumblers

Behold, the RTIC tumbler! You can get these on Amazon with free shipping, which is awesome, right?

I've been using my 30 oz (with optional handle) to keep my cooler liquids cold. I add a few ice cubes, my water and my Mio Fit and have a surplus of chilled water (but not ice cold, my sleeve can't really enjoy that yet) for hours. Can't stand room temperature! My theory is try for TWO full glasses a day and I'll have exceeded my water intake for the day, which I have done consistently since getting out of hospital!

The 11oz lowball has been fantastic for sipping warm liquids! For me that has just been broths mixed with protein, but could be used for tea, coffee, or even colder liquids.

Check them out, I definitely recommend the buy!

30 oz tumbler w/ lid - $22.40: http://amzn.to/1VBjIAd w/ FREE Prime shipping

11oz tumbler w/ lid - $19.77: http://amzn.to/1O7sG6F w/ FREE prime shipping

Original blog entry:  http://thickto.fit/2016/06/03/rtic-tumblers/ 

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/3/16 8:29 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Are you planning to crosspost every blog entry? Just curious.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/3/16 8:32 am, edited 6/3/16 1:32 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Here, I'll go delete the bottom line. Then no one has to know it was a blog post.

When I first posted that I wanted to do a blog, some people messaged me explaining I should cross post because of how many unique hits OH gets per day.

Should I not share things I find to be useful here with people, and just hold to myself? 

I thought this was a forum to do exactly that :)

BTW, I ran this post thru spell check

on 6/3/16 8:40 am
RNY on 08/05/19

If you have useful things to share, that's great. But linking to blog posts every day comes across (to me at least) as shameless self-promotion and a "hey, look how smart I am!" attitude. ESPECIALLY so coming from someone who's less than a month out of surgery.

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/3/16 8:43 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Sorry you feel that way Julie. I didn't realize only 2+ year veterans should have the ability to find a way to keep their water a comfortable temperature for them to drink, without having it go cold or hot within minutes.

Just to give you more fodder, I'm no where near a month out from surgery. I'm 8 days. 

Which, perhaps, is why everything I have posted is pretty clearly a mark of that. There are also countless other people here getting ready to have surgery in the coming weeks or months that could use this information.

Should I archive all my little things I've found to work and wait until I'm a few months out?

If I didn't have my blog, would my shameless self promotion be gone? 

Maybe I'll just post here first and crosspost to my blog 

on 6/3/16 8:53 am
RNY on 08/05/19
On June 3, 2016 at 3:43 PM Pacific Time, Chris "Thick-to-Fit" Tufano wrote:

Sorry you feel that way Julie. I didn't realize only 2+ year veterans should have the ability to find a way to keep their water a comfortable temperature for them to drink, without having it go cold or hot within minutes.

Just to give you more fodder, I'm no where near a month out from surgery. I'm 8 days. 

Which, perhaps, is why everything I have posted is pretty clearly a mark of that. There are also countless other people here getting ready to have surgery in the coming weeks or months that could use this information.

Should I archive all my little things I've found to work and wait until I'm a few months out?

If I didn't have my blog, would my shameless self promotion be gone? 

Maybe I'll just post here first and crosspost to my blog 

No need to take it personally. Sorry you feel the need to take that tone, Chris.

As I just said in my previous comment, the issue (mine alone, which may or may not be shared by users at any stage of the surgery journey) is DAILY posts.

Do as you will :)

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/3/16 8:54 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Not having a tone :\ 

I've heard your opinion, though. I value all peoples. I also value your feedback you have given me on stuff, which I have implemented so that I do a better job :)

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/3/16 9:06 am

Chris - I guess you mean well... But really experiance does matter. Even when it comes to things like the containers... Really... 

For clean water - they are probably ok. But for long term - anything flavored - that can either stain or got bad - they are not practical. Once you use it for 6-12 months and have a few "acidents" (unless you are perfect ) - you may is over that there are better things out there. Not cheaper.... But really better... And yes - it comes with experiance ...where you carry that container everywhere you go... Because even now, 8 years post op - I aim for 100 + oz of liquids.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/3/16 9:26 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Not every solution is perfect for everyone. I understand that. 

I've used your style of container in the past and don't really like them. That's ok though :) I've used containers like mine for a while but bought these specific ones for post bariatric surgery. I like these style better.  

Thats ok, too. Different shoe for different folks. 

Doesnt mean mine is wrong, at all. Just not right for you 

Oxford Comma Hag
on 6/3/16 10:53 am

I understand you are very excited about this process, and it appears you are making yourself available through a variety of social media.

Linking all of your media outlets does come across as very 'Look at me!'. What we see here a lot is that people post like it's Twitter for six months, vanish, then come back once a year to show how awesome they are. 

Right now your experiences are for a very narrow group. You are telling everyone what you know. Sometimes other people have valuable information, too.

I've learned in my years here that I can learn a lot by reading posts from vets. Did you know there are vets who have been here well over 10 years? 

You got a little snappish with Julie, but if you try to set aside being irked, you'll find not only is she kind but also is very good at posting information backed by science. 

You can learn a lot here if you can listen as well as tell people what you know.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org