Ready for change!

Forward2friday
on 6/2/16 5:32 pm

Hi! My name is Tay and im 24 years old, current weight is 260 exactly. A few weeks ago I a made the decision to attend a free weight-loss seminar where i scheduled my first appointments with a nutritonist and a weight loss surgeon. Im hoping to be approved for a VSG. I had my first nutriton group class yesterday and recieved my food journal. Maybe im just a little panicked but i dont really know the best way to go about starting this journey. This is really the nicest decision ive ever made and i dont know where to begin. Any tips or beginners advice would be awesome!

pammieanne
on 6/3/16 5:49 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Hi there, and welcome. Follow what your Nutritionist (NUT) tells you to do. If you signed up with a doctor's office at this seminar, they will guide you through whatever their (and your insurance if you are using it) requirements might be.

I would assume they want you to start logging your food intake into the journal they gave you.

I find that it's easier for me to use MyFitnessPal app on my phone, and then I just transferred things to their paper to make them happy.Now I just use my app.

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/16 6:24 am

You have already made a great start. You have been to a seminar, seen a NUT and a surgeon and come here. Read everything you can find and ask lots of questions. There are so many wonderful posts here and so many great people that will encourage you and answer every question you ask. Have you checked with your insurance co to see if you have coverage for WLS? That is always wise as some policies do have exclusions.

I wish you all good luck on your journey. So much wiser to do it at 24 than to wait till your body shows signs of weight related issues.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/3/16 7:35 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I'm a big fan of the book "Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies." It has a great overview of what happens during the process and what life is like post-op.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Kelly L.
on 6/3/16 8:56 pm

Congrats on your decision to have WLS, and beginning this wonderful journey!