Optifast and how much weight did u lose? How many weeks?

riridigi
on 6/2/16 5:17 pm
RNY on 06/20/16

I'm on day four and I hate the shakes. The vanilla makes me gag when I drink and the chocolate isn't much better. I've been adding the sugar free favouring but they r still soooooo bad. Anyone have suggestions on how to make them more tolerable?? I have to chug them and chase it with water to get it down.

Also I was feeling down the other day since I'm worried I'm not going to make it 3 weeks with the shakes so I decided to weight myself for some moativation. Seeing the weight come off helps me. I've lost 7 pound in 4 days! Is this normal? 

Danna78
on 6/2/16 7:19 pm

I haven't started my optifast yet.... I just got my date today... But I asked if it was OK to add cinnamon or chai spice to cut the sweetness and protein taste and was told that was OK.   I already do that with the current protein shakes I occasionally have and it really helps!   Good luck... I'm hoping this trick works for me when I start my optifast! 

April Parker
on 6/2/16 7:34 pm - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

Wow thats a lot of weight for that amount of time! Yay! I start mine on the 6th, in 4 days time. I dont have Optifast though I have Bariatric Advantage. Good luck on your liquid diet!

HW- 283    SW- 264     GW- 130

kathkeb
on 6/2/16 7:35 pm

One year, before WLS I did Optifast for 26 weeks and lost 104 pounds.

i lost 13 pounds the first week, so your weight loss is pretty typical at first.

i made the chocolate shakes with a little bit of coffee and warm water .... For a little mocha ... The coffee helped kill some of the yuck factor for me.

hang in there ..... 

Kath

RNY on 12/22/14

Yes - the first week on a very restrictive diet results in good weight loss.

Per-op, I drank my Opti-fast as a cream soda.  Diet orange, or peach with vanilla and chok diet soda with chock Optifast.  About 6 oz water, shake, add soda.  Everything should be COLD.  Drink with a straw.  THe extra volume helped my feel full.  (I did this for two cycles of 16 weeks, when I lost weigt with Opti-fast and kept it off for two years, then had surgery years later).  This is only good pre-op, too much vol for post-op.

PS I had a serious sweet tooth, so this was not too sweet for me. 

Sharon

The Salty Hag
on 6/3/16 8:11 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I was on Optifast for 30 days. I was allowed to do all shakes, or a combo of shake/soup/bar and I was allowed one low carb meal per day. As far as pre-op diets went, I was pretty lucky. 

I "only" lost 13 lbs. in that 30 days. I was so worried my surgeon would think I wasn't sticking to my diet. Everything turned out to be just fine. 

I'm a weirdo. I actually liked the taste....lol. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

sweetiemimi318
on 6/3/16 7:48 pm - Irving, TX
RNY on 08/22/16

Hey well my doc told me to start a liquid diet and I use premier protein shakes and eat jello, sugar free Popsicles, chicken broth and things of that nature. I left my last appointment weighing 389. In a week of liquid dieting I am 373.8. So yeah weight will fall off on a liquid diet. Just stick to it. ;-)

sweetiemimi318
on 6/3/16 7:49 pm - Irving, TX
RNY on 08/22/16

Hey well my doc told me to start a liquid diet and I use premier protein shakes and eat jello, sugar free Popsicles, chicken broth and things of that nature. I left my last appointment weighing 389. In a week of liquid dieting I am 373.8. So yeah weight will fall off on a liquid diet. Just stick to it. ;-)

Most Active