Having foamies, HARDCORE

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 5/31/16 7:07 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Well my good luck run has ended...

went to work this morning and am having a case of the foamies. Morning was more or less normal. Had my scrambled egg nice and slow no issues. Got to work and made a cup of decaf coffee, took one tiny sip. Then had a couple sips a few minutes later of a chocolate premiere protein shake to take my acid medicine and a Tylenol. 

Almost immediately it felt wrong. Don't know if a poll got stuck or my pouch, like me, doesn't like chocolate. I've had vanilla and strawberry/banana with no issue 

I started getting slimey mouth and was walking around shop asking questions to people, ended up in bathroom a few times to spit out some foam. I've had some foam before; but then I started to sweat

headed to my office, shut door and locked it. Sat down and hugged my trash can and spit out foam slime for about 30 minutes. Had some dry heaving 

I left work and on way home spit foamies into my big tumbler. 

Am sitting down in my kitchen and just had some vomtting of thick slime. I've quickly learned to put pressure on my large incision in stomach. If I do that I have no pain at all, aside from the discomfort of wretching

am supposed to leave in 30 minutes for follow up  makes sense id get sick finally before my appointment.... I called and rescheduled to between 2-4 so that this should hopefully have passed by then...

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

pammieanne
on 5/31/16 7:39 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I'm so sorry :(

I hope this passes quickly for you! I haven't tried eggs yet, but that's mostly because I already had issues with nausea sometimes from an egg (especially without a carb like a biscuit/toast to help cut it)... so I'm avoiding them. Even if we do have chickens and farm fresh eggs.

OK, I just lied, I had a deviled egg half this weekend, but somehow that's different than a scrambled/fried egg.

Hang in there!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 5/31/16 8:06 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Keep thinking I'm past it. Then I got some more spit bubbles and two pretty good size throw up bouts. 

I actually feel nearly completely better and have for about 10 minutes.

yikes. That was no fun at all lol

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/31/16 8:43 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Many people have trouble with eggs for the first few months, even once they're healed up.

Are you cleared for something that solid so soon after surgery? The most frequent progression is clear liquids, full liquids, purees, mushies/soft solids, at least one week each.

Going for eggs less than one week post-op is asking for serious trouble.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 5/31/16 8:48 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Yes ma'am. I've done everything per my surgeons guidelines. 

ladygodiva1228
on 5/31/16 8:44 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On May 31, 2016 at 2:07 PM Pacific Time, Chris "Thick-to-Fit" Tufano wrote:

Well my good luck run has ended...

went to work this morning and am having a case of the foamies. Morning was more or less normal. Had my scrambled egg nice and slow no issues. Got to work and made a cup of decaf coffee, took one tiny sip. Then had a couple sips a few minutes later of a chocolate premiere protein shake to take my acid medicine and a Tylenol. 

Almost immediately it felt wrong. Don't know if a poll got stuck or my pouch, like me, doesn't like chocolate. I've had vanilla and strawberry/banana with no issue 

I started getting slimey mouth and was walking around shop asking questions to people, ended up in bathroom a few times to spit out some foam. I've had some foam before; but then I started to sweat

headed to my office, shut door and locked it. Sat down and hugged my trash can and spit out foam slime for about 30 minutes. Had some dry heaving 

I left work and on way home spit foamies into my big tumbler. 

Am sitting down in my kitchen and just had some vomtting of thick slime. I've quickly learned to put pressure on my large incision in stomach. If I do that I have no pain at all, aside from the discomfort of wretching

am supposed to leave in 30 minutes for follow up  makes sense id get sick finally before my appointment.... I called and rescheduled to between 2-4 so that this should hopefully have passed by then...

First you don't have a pouch you have a smaller stomach. 

Secondly are scrambled eggs on your plan so early out?  You are not even a week out and eating eggs?  Your stomach is still swollen and eating foods like eggs (which most folks don't tolerate until further out) can cause pressure on the new stomach.  If I were you I would stick to protein shakes for a few days until things settle down.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 5/31/16 8:47 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

I need to really be careful with calling my not-original-sized stomach the correct nickname huh. 

And yes, they are with my surgeon 

I've had one scrambled egg since day 4 and had no issues. Same with the ricotta bake. 

I was fine after egg. It was about an hour later that my issues started. Shortly after my pill and my a chocolate premier shake (that I've never had)

hollykim
on 5/31/16 9:48 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 31, 2016 at 3:47 PM Pacific Time, Chris "Thick-to-Fit" Tufano wrote:

I need to really be careful with calling my not-original-sized stomach the correct nickname huh. 

And yes, they are with my surgeon 

I've had one scrambled egg since day 4 and had no issues. Same with the ricotta bake. 

I was fine after egg. It was about an hour later that my issues started. Shortly after my pill and my a chocolate premier shake (that I've never had)

yes,you should use correct terminology. We hate to see post ops sounding ignorant.

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 5/31/16 11:40 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

I couldn't agree more. I am googling to find the scientific anatomical name for the new stomach. I stumbled across this 

"A gastric sleeve is a pouch with an estimated capacity of less than 150 ml. Stapling along the length of the stomach formed by the bougie creates a narrow tube. The staple line may be covered with material that is meant to reduce the risk of bleeding and/or leaks."

http://www.laparoscopic.md/sleeve/surgery

ill try to be less ignorant, thanks. It's a nickname to reference our altered anatomy. 

hollykim
on 5/31/16 6:28 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 31, 2016 at 6:40 PM Pacific Time, Chris "Thick-to-Fit" Tufano wrote:

I couldn't agree more. I am googling to find the scientific anatomical name for the new stomach. I stumbled across this 

"A gastric sleeve is a pouch with an estimated capacity of less than 150 ml. Stapling along the length of the stomach formed by the bougie creates a narrow tube. The staple line may be covered with material that is meant to reduce the risk of bleeding and/or leaks."

http://www.laparoscopic.md/sleeve/surgery

ill try to be less ignorant, thanks. It's a nickname to reference our altered anatomy. 

this author is incorrect by using the term pouch. How can a slim banana shaped or gap be a pouch. A pouch is typically roundish. He states early in the article that a babana shaped TUBE is created. A tube is not a pouch.