:) Cross post from over 50 BMI forum

April Parker
on 5/29/16 10:54 pm - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

Thanks Sharon! :)

HW- 283    SW- 264     GW- 130

karenp8
on 5/30/16 7:49 am - Brighton, IL

You can do this April! I was obese my whole life even as a child. My mother always told me I was big boned. I had rheumatoid arthritis and my extra weight was killing me. I had knee and back pain literally every day and was winded going down my basement stairs. I have only two pictures of me post op as I never let anyone take one. I had diabetes,high cholesterol, high triglycerides and uncontrolled high blood pressure on three pills. My highest weight was 275 at 5 feet 6.5 inches tall. Today and for the last three years I have weighed 120 to 123. I am no longer diabetic with my last blood sugar being 70 and cholesterol and triglycerides are perfect too on no meds. My blood pressure is now normal on one low dose pill. I walk 5 or more miles a day for fun and no longer have knee or back pain even with my ra. I went from a size 28 to a size 0 or 1. I could never keep weight off before surgery. All I did was make a conscious choice to follow my doctors plan totally and move more. I weighed 1 time a week in the losing phase and daily now in maintenance and track and record my food every day. I still measure my portions when I am at home because I will not go back to being the lonely miserable person I was before. And here's a before and after pic. If I can do this,you can too one choice at a time! 

April Parker
on 5/30/16 10:42 am - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

Thanks Sharon, what an inspiration! Ive been obese most of my life, its gonna be great to have energy again!

HW- 283    SW- 264     GW- 130

z_m14
on 5/30/16 1:44 pm
RNY on 07/05/16

I totally get where you are coming from. When I went on vacation with my family last summer, we took a family photo. I was on the end, and I just looked sooooooooooooo big. When the picture was posted to Facebook, I was mortified. There are many people I am friends with on Facebook that haven't seen my weight gain, and I could only imagine what they said when they saw that picture.

Like you, I take pics of myself at a flattering angle. When other people take pics of me, I look horrible. 

I look forward to the day where I can be comfortable when taking pictures.