Six flags Magic mountain! Will I fit?!?

Fashionmonica123
on 5/26/16 6:33 pm
VSG on 03/15/16

Hi! 

So I am spending Memorial Day weekend going to six flags magic mountain with a group of friends. I haven't been to a theme park in years and I'm scared I may not fit on roller coasters. I'm 275 now and 5'6, will I be okay or should I plan on not being able to fit? Anyone else have experience with this? Trying to save some embarrassment ??

let me know what you think! 

Thanks 

jenorama
on 5/26/16 8:29 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

With rides it really depends on where your widest point is. I haven't been to MM in a long time, but I think some of the rides might have a test seat in front. I've been to MM when I was pretty big, but I never had a big belly--mostly butt and thighs. Don't despair--you might be surprised!

Jen

ks_girl
on 5/27/16 8:09 am
RNY on 06/24/16

I  know when I went to Disneyland at about 250 that some rides had a weight limit - but other than that I fit. You should be fine as long as the seat belt buckles or the bar latches! Have fun!!

Laura in Texas
on 5/27/16 8:21 am

When someone died a few years back on a roller coaster at Six Flags, I remember one of the engineers being interviewed saying roller coasters were really not designed for people over 225. That struck a chord with me.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/27/16 12:31 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I'm 5'-7" and 220 lbs right now.  If I had another 55 lbs on my body, I know that I might not fit on some of the rollercoasters at MM.  A lot of it has to do with how your body is proportioned.  Most of my weight is in my hips and ass.

You can always try, but be prepared if you don't fit.  I saw a lot of people on the Xcelerator ride at Knott's get booted off when they couldn't close the safety bar, mostly men, btw.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Fashionmonica123
on 5/28/16 10:35 am
VSG on 03/15/16

Thanks for all the advice ladies! So I went to the park yesterday and had an amazing time, luckily I fit on all nine roller coasters we went on! Yes I was a little snug but defiantly fit okay! I was so excited and this is a huge NSV for me. Riding roller coasters has been a huge fear of mine being overweight and I'm glad I just went and tried! I was happily surprised!